➳24

I’ll just fly to you~

It was Saturday. Last day went by like a violent storm. Mark got his senses back last evening giving relief to his friends. Although aquaphobia may seem silly to others, they can be devastating to the people who have them, causing problems that affect many aspects of life.

A small boy wearing a floating tube was floating in the ocean. A big smile plastered on his face. He saw his parents and brother on the beach. They were calling him and waving their hands. Worry was visible on their faces while they screamed the boy's name and gestured him to come back as they were panicking. But the little boy thought they were just waving at him so he waved back with a toothy smile. "MOMMY! DADDY! HYUNG! LOOK I'M SWIMMING!", he shouted. As his body was moving forward with the sea waves shining because of the sunrays, his tiny hands hitting the water. But soon his happiness came to an end when he saw a huge wave coming towards him. A wave of terror washed over him as his eyes became as big as golf balls. "AHHHHHHHH!!!" A sea wave crashed against him and thus resulting into him slipping out of the floating tube. And he drowned in the big ocean.

Then all turned black and when he opened his eyes, he saw that he was in the hallway of his school back in Canada. Students were laughing at him while pointing at the young child. His grip of his school bag's strap tightened while his head hung low, hearing all the comments that others were making about him.

"Hey Mark! I heard you are afraid of water", a boy who was a little older than Mark spoke with a smirk.

"Aww our little boy is afraid of what? Water", another boy said sarcastically.

"Who is even scared of that thing?", another spoke up as the older group of boys let out a laugh.

"He is such a weak boy. He even fainted because sir told him to get into the pool."

"No. I'm not afraid of water!!!", Mark exclaimed as he held his chin up.

"Oh really?" A boy raised his eyebrows. Seeing Mark nodding, he harshly grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the school swimming pool. The other kids looked at each other and joined his friend to the pool.

Mark stood infront of the pool- the water appeared blue. His breath hitched as he swallowed his own saliva.

"Ok you said that you are not scared of water. Then prove it. Jump into the pool", that kid said with a smirk evident on his face. Other boys were excited to see what happened next.

The Canadian-Korean walked to the edge of the pool as his heart was beating fast. When he looked at the liquid, he started to feel dizzy. Tears welled up in his eyes- about to fall anytime.

"What happened? Why are you standing?", a shorter boy asked and walked towards him. Seeing the younger boy not reply, he looked back and saw his friends gesturing him to push Mark. He nodded and looked at the boy beside him. "What happened Mark? Show us what you got." And then he intentionally pushed the younger who let out a scream as his body hit the cold water.