9

Mia

I slept peacefully yesterday. I had those nightmares again but after that, i slept peacefully. I dreamt of Alec. Its weird, right? But what's weirder, it didn't feel like a dream at all. Maybe he was really here? Or maybe not? If he was, then where is he? Im just being delusional.

I heard my stomach rumble, indicating how im starving. I went in the bathroom, took a shower then changed to something comfortable before making my way downstairs to the kitchen.

Where's Alec? I asked myself while making toasts. Once i was done eating, i went in the garden. I don't know how many hours have passed by since ive been sitting here.

Ive been thinking about how my father will react after i return home tomorrow night. Yes, tomorrow night. I don't even know how im gonna get out of this place. Truth to be told, i don't even want to leave. For some reason, i felt safe here.

"What are you doing outside?" A familiar voice said. I looked up to see Alexia smiling at me.

"Thinking." i stated, patting the seat next to me. She smiled before sitting. "About what? If you don't mind me asking "

"My mother." I answered. I really was thinking about my mother. Sometimes i wonder if she would stop my father from doing such things to me or if those things ever would have happened if she was here. If she was not dead, she would have protected me.

"Im sorry." She said, sadness filled in her voice as a frown took over her features.

"No no, its ok. I never really knew her anyway. She died while giving birth to me." I said with a sad smile.

"What exactly are you thinking about then?", She questioned before continuing, "You know, sometimes, talking to people help you a lot." I couldn't help but smile at her.

Alec and Axel were damn lucky to have a woman like her as their mother.

"I was thinking if i would still be who i am today if my mother was still alive." I started,  "The Assassin, people hires me to kill people and i can't do anything about it." I sighed, looking up at the sky.

"You can refuse. If you don't feel comfortable doing something, then you shouldn't do it." She stated, not knowing there are consequences if i refuse.

"That's the thing. I can't refuse." I trailed off, making her look at me confusingly.  I felt like i could trust her but then again, it was too soon. Im not ready to talk about the things that's happened to me. The things that he did to me.

"Listen," She started, placing her hand over mine, "Im here, okay? I'll always be here if you need me. Im just one scream away," She let out a chuckle and continued, "You can tell me anything and i promise it will stay between us." She ended with a smile, bringing me into a motherly hug which i returned.

"Why are you being kind to me? You know i was sent to kill your son-" i asked, breaking the hug.

"It's your job, isn't it? You had a choice and you chose not to kill him. Whoever wants my son dead, will be dealt with." She assured me, making me smile at her.

After that, i went back inside the house, to my room and sat on the bed, ready to write in my diary again. Honestly, the writing helped a lot.

Dear Diary,

I had another nightmare about the horrible and unspeakable things my father did to me last night but after that, i dreamt of Alec, being here for me. For a fact, i still don't know if that was a dream or not but i sure as hell wished it was a dream because if he was here last night, that means he saw me in my weakest moment, my weakest state, my broken side and i don't want anyone to see me like that. They'd think im crazy and need help. I don't need help, i just want someone to love and accept me for who i am. The broken me and the strong me.

Today, Alexia De Santis came and sat next to me in the garden. I saw in her, the mother i never had. I was wishing that my mother was still alive. She was there for me. I wanted to tell her everything but i couldn't. It was hard for me. She mentionned everyone has a choice. But i know for a fact that i don't and still i made a choice. I didn't have one but made one by not killing him. Does that even make sense? Probably not.

I quickly hid my diary in my drawer when i heard someone knocking on my door. I looked up to see Alec who was smiling at me. I smiled back before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Are you alright?" he asked as he sat on my bed, next to me. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion. He noticed this and continued, "You know, after what happened last night—" my eyes widened in realisation. He really was here last night.

"Im fine." i said quickly.

"Can i ask you something?" He asked earning a nervous nod from me. "What were your nightmares about?"

"My past-", i said but the shooting of guns coming from downstairs made me stop.