11

Warning, the following might disturb some of you. It contains violence. Please skip if you are not comfortable.

Mia

I was in the kitchen, sipping tea while telling my father why i could not kill Alec. To my surprise, he took it well. Im just kidding.

I was dragged in the dark basement by my hair, dad looking furious as hell. He did not take the news well.

"I sent you there to kill him. But you?-" He seethed, "You befriended him and joined him?" He continued, slapping me on the face for the third time. "You stupid bitch!" He spat, punching me across the face, i could taste the blood in my mouth.

"I was going to hurt your loving grandmother but you insisted that i hurt you instead of her. Deal with it." He said with a smirk.

He was right. I told him to hurt me instead of her considering she is old and she won't be able to take it. I, on the other hand, i will be able to take it.

"Now, tell me, what on earth were you thinking? You just made lose billions of dollars!" He spat, lunging at me again.

"W-what d-do y-you mean?" i croaked out, my voice could barely be heard.

"The mexican mafia paid me to send you to kill Alec. Stupid bitch. Now, because you couldnt get the work done, they took the money away from me!" He said as he started to unbuckle his belt.

"Consequences. I told you. Consequences." He sang, hitting me with the belt making me scream in pain.

"P-please s-stop. It hurts." I pleaded. He laughed, told me to shut up but did not stop. He went at this for a whole hour.

Laying on the ground, i could not stop the tears from spilling. My eyes were probably red by now. Sighing, I finally gathered a little strength, stood up and walked my room. I scrunch my nose in disgust as i looked at my reflection in the bathroom's mirror.

I looked broken and disgusting.

Removing my clothes, i opened the tap and stood under it, letting water fall on me making my the bruise my father gave me burn. After a couple of minutes, i turned the tap off, wrapped a towel around me and got out of the bathroom.

I opened the closet, searched for a shirt which covered all of my bruises. I brushed my hair, tied it in a ponytail. A frown made it's way onto my face upon seeing all the belongings that were into Alec's house. Sighing, i knew only one thing could help me and that was writing. I opened my diary and stopped immediately when i heard a familiar voice coming from downstairs.

I went outside, leaned against the railing and saw Alec speaking with my father, loud enough for me to hear.

"Where's Mia?" Alec asked, his arms crossed. He wore a serious expression on his face.

"Who the fuck are you?" My father seethed to which Alec seemed amused. "Alec De Santis." He replied making my father's eyes widen in realisation.

"Im sorry, i didn't realise..." Dad trailed off before continuing, "What do you want with my daughter?"

"I want to take her with me." Alec stated, making me smile but it was gone as soon as it came.

"Why?" Dad asked seeming genuinely interested. "Because she works for me now." Alec replied in a serious tone

My dad smirked and shook his head, "People buy her. She doesn't just work for anyone, you have to buy her."

Alec furrowed his eyebrows in frustration, dropping his arms to his side. He clenched his fists, i could tell he wanted to punch my father but he restrained himself.

Suddenly, his gaze snapped on me. His eyes longer at me for a little while before he switched it back on my dad.

"How much?" Alec asked with a clenched jaw, switching his gaze back on me. I frown at the thought of him buying me or any people for that matter. But then again, it is what it is. Im a killing machine, people buy me to do shit for them. It is my purpose.

"Well, that thing up there is quite the deal—" My father started, pointing at me.   Alec was glaring at him at this point, his fists were clenched. He looked like he wanted to kill him on the spot.

I on the other hand, did not know what to think of my own father calling me a 'Thing' but whatever.

"- and not to mention her good looks and skills." He continued, rubbing his chin in a thinking way before a smirk made it's way onto his face, "120 million."

"Deal." Alec stated, "Touch her and you are a dead man."

"Come here, Mia." My father waved at me, gesturing me to come downstairs which i did. "I just sold you to Alec, be a good girl, si? Or you know what will happen. Now, go get your belongings and leave." He said, earning a nod from me. I could not even look at Alec right now, I don't know why.

I know he's kind of saving me from my father but what if, what if he makes me his sex toy or some shit? I mean, it's the mafia world, we know how things works here. Let's just hope Alec is not like this.

Once i was done packing my clothes, i closed the suitcase before making my way downstairs where Alec was waiting. He told his driver to take the suitcase when we got in the car.

Looking outside the window, i played with my hand, my dress and twirl my locks around my fingers. It is something i do when im nervous. Several thoughts kept on running in my mind.

I just got sold to Alec.

What the hell am i gonna do?

First thing, find my grandmother but where to start? Maybe i should ask Alec to help me find her?

Alec must have sensed my nervousness because he asked, "Are you okay?" I nodded without looking at him. I could not look at him because, my eyes were red from all that crying earlier and my lips was still bruised.

He sighed and stayed shut for a few seconds before speaking again, "Look at me." He demanded, i shook my head, refusing to look at him.

"Please?" I smiled at him saying please to me. Alec De Santis just say please to me, how could i refuse. I sighed before turning to face him.

A concerned expression took over his face for a quick second before he hid it with a furious one. "Who did this to you?" 

"You already know the answer to that question." I replied, turning away to look outside the window again.

Then something crossed my mind. He could have killed my pathetic excuse of a father on the spot. Why didn't he kill him?

"Why didn't you kill him?" I thought loud.

"I figured it's something you would want to do." His answer immediately brought a smile onto my face.