24

Mia

This morning when I woke up, Alec wasn't in bed. I took it he had work to do. It's already 1 pm so, it's been 3 hours since I woke up.

This whole time a question has been bugging me. Im still his assassin, right? Then why am i not being brought on missions?

"Hey!", Chloe chirped upon my presence. I greeted her back, less enthusiastically before sitting on the couch in front of her.

"I heard you yelling last night," She started, a frown making its way on her face. "Nightmares?" Instead of giving her a verbal answer, i just nodded.
"I went to your room but you weren't there. Where exactly did you sleep?" She continued.

"In Alec's room." Her eyes widened at my reply, almost not expecting this but she quickly replaced it with a grin. I gave her a disgusted look, knowing Exactly what she was thinking about. "No. We did not have sex."

"Who did Not have sex?", Axel made us aware of his presence before sitting down on the couch.

"Alec and Mia." Chloe replied, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Wait." He jumped, looking at me before opening and closing his mouth repeatedly. "You're telling me you were in his room?"

"Yes." I raised a questioning brow at his reaction, "Why do you sound like you don't believe me?"

"Because he doesn't let anyone enter his room." He started, "Hell, even his whores never slept on his bed or Victoria." He slammed his mouth shut when Chloe glared at him at the name he mentioned.

"Victoria?" I asked.

"I said Victoria?" Axel asked, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Yes. Who is she?", I pressed.

"No one." Chloe replied, giving me a tight smile. "Please, she's no one. Leave it?", she asked, hopefully. 

"Where's Alec?", i changed the subject earning a thankful nod from her.

"Main house." Axel replied.

"Can you take me?" I asked earning a nod from him. We were about to get up and leave when Chloe asked, "Why?"

"I wanna go on a mission or something. Killing someone is an option too." I answered honestly. Playing princess in this house was actually killing me.

She chuckled at my answer before she shook her head amusingly. "You're crazy just like my cousin."

Smiling at her, I stood up and followed Axel towards the car. Once settled in, i asked the question ive been dying to ask. "Who's victoria?"

"You sort of told Chloe you will drop it." He answered, starting the car.

"Yeah but my curiosity is killing me."

"It's not my place to tell you." He sighed, looking straight ahead. "Hell it wasn't even my place to say her name."

Realizing he won't be saying more regarding that subject, i did not press further. The ride to the main house was in utter silence. Not an awkward kinda silence. Just silence. After what felt like 10 minutes, the car stopped, signaling we reached the location.

Alec followed me inside the building. I frowned at the silence at this house. It was too quiet for a house full of men. I turned around, about to ask him where everyone was when he spoke. "Im gonna leave you here, alright? I have some work to do back home." Not waiting for a reply, he turned his back on me and walked towards his car.

Alright then.

Sighing, i started wandering around the house, an attempt to look for the other people in here, an attempt of looking for Alec. As i approached a door, i heard whispering coming from the inside. Not thinking twice, i slammed the door opened and immediately regretted my decision when I was greeted with about twenty five men and some women sitting around a table with Alec at the head.