12

Alec

Just the thought of Mia crying makes me want to murder someone, the one who made her cry, Jason fucking Pierce, her own fucking father. Clenching my fists at the thoughts of what he could have done to her, my gaze fell on her now sleeping figure which immediately brought a smile on my face.

Once the car stopped, signaling we arrived to my place, i walked over to her side and carefully picked her up. Entering the house, all of my families' eyes were on us, on Mia. My mother rushed to her side, worry taking over her features, "What happened to her?"

"Nothing," I sighed, looking at her down in my arms, "She's just sleeping. I will take her to her room." With that, i started walking in the direction of her room.

Carefully placing her on the bed, i removed her shoes and covered her with the blanket before switching off the lights. Closing the door, i leaned against it thinking about how i need to fucking get laid. With that thought in my mind, i took out my phone and called Amanda, one of the girls i usually sleep with.

Being the desperate bitch that she is, picked up on the first ring itself. "At my place. Right now." I didn't have to wait long before she made her appearance, dressed in a slutty outside. I brought her in one of the guest room.

~

I sat on the bed with my laptop on me, doing some mafia related business. After i had my fun with Amanda, i kicked her out and she knew better than to argue with me.

Mia

Groaning, I took a quick glance at the clock and saw it's 5:35. I remember falling asleep in the car, not on the bed. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion thinking whether Alec carried me here. He must have. Sighing, i lazily get up from the bed, went in the bathroom and washed my face. Tying my hair in a bun, i made my way to Alec's bedroom with the goal of telling him who is after him and about my grandmother.

I knocked on his door and heard a "Come in." Slowly opening it, i was greeted with a shirtless Alec and a laptop on his lap. I did not realise i was staring until he said, "Will you just stand there staring at me?" he smirked before patting the empty side of the bed next to him, "Or come and sit here?"

"Am i disturbing? I can come back later—" I said, ready to leave but stopped when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me on his lap where his laptop was a few seconds ago.

Damn he moves fast.

He smirked before asking, "What do you need?"

"I wanted—" I started, trying to get out of his grip but failing miserably, "To talk to you." Sighing, i knew i could not get out unless he let go of me, "Can you let me go?"

"No." He replied, a smirk playing at the side of his lips, making me roll my eyes at him. "Don't roll your eyes at me, princess."

"I wanted to thank you for-" I started only to get cut off by him. "No need to thank me. I just got my best assassin back."

Right, his best assassin.

Why did i feel sad when he said that?

Of course you will feel sad because you thought he saved you because he cared for you. But like everyone else, he doesn't give two shits. I mentally frown at the voice in my head.

Shutting out the voices in my head, i muttered an 'Okay' trying to get out of his grip again which was tightening every time i moved. I hissed in pain when he gripped me where my father hit me and that of course, did not go unnoticed by him.

He furrowed his eyebrows, immediately taking his hand off me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I replied quickly.

"Lift your shirt." He said in a demanding tone. I shook my head 'No' making him groan, "Lift it, please."

"Did I just hear Alec De Santis say please to a girl?" A familiar voice said, excitement dripping off his tone. I looked at the source to see Axel standing there with a shocked expression on his face making me roll my eyes at him being dramatic.

"Fuck off Axel." Alec groaned making Axel smirk. "Why were you telling her to lift her shirt, huh?" He started, a grin made it's way onto his face, "Were you guys about to have sex?"

"What?" My eyes widened before i quickly shook my head, "No."

"Get out of here.", Alec groaned, making Axel fake pouted. He finally left after chuckling, "Be safe!"

"Now, lift it up." Alec switched his attention back on me. "I said it's nothing." I sighed making him glare at me. "Mia." He warned but before he could say anything more, Alexia yelled, "Dinner's ready! Everyone come downstairs!"

Saved.

Not wasting any more time, i got off his lap and quickly ran out of the room. "It's not over!" He yelled making me roll my eyes. Sure it is.