Chapter Fifteen-"The Lion and the Zebra"

"Crazy girl don't you know that I love you. I wouldn't dream of going nowhere. Silly woman come here let me hold you. Have I told you lately...I love you like crazy, girl..." I sang as I took out the garbage the next morning in pajamas. I was in such a good mood that I didn't care who saw me in my fluffy pajama bottoms.

I threw the trash bag over the trash bin and then started to dance back to my house, but as I rounded the corner from the alley, a familiar person appeared there.

Maybe I did care who saw me in my fluffy pajama bottoms.

"Crazy girl," Dastan scoffed. I pulled out my earphones and threw them around my neck.

"You know, I don't even care what you say at this point, because you should be at home getting over your hangover," I said, passing by him. I noticed that he followed.

"I meant the song," he said. I turned to face him before I pressed the elevator button.

"You know country music?" I asked.

"Some of it," he shrugged.

"Hmm," I hummed and then started to trot up the stairs. I got inside of my quiet house and then there was a knock on the door. I opened it to find Dastan, once again.

"Good morning," he greeted as if it was the first thing of the day. I leaned against the door. He sort of frowned. "I know we're not the best of friends, and I came here to change that, but what's with the grin on your face?"

"Oh, uh, nothing," I said, trying to slap the look off my face. I stopped leaning on the door. "Why are you here?"

"I came to hang out," he smiled. It was eight o'clock on a Saturday morning. I frowned, but learned not to question him. "So can I come in or—"

"No," I said, placing a hand on his chest as he tried to step in. "As much as I'm actually willing to hang out with you, I'm sure that my brother wouldn't be."

I was lying and not lying in the same time. My body told me that I wanted to hang out with Dastan—forgiving him only because of my good mood—but Sebastian made it clear he wouldn't care. Even more so because he had left late last night and left a note on my door saying so; just like our parents. So then why was I denying Dastan? Oh right. Because I still couldn't stand him.

"Then let's go out," he said.

"It's eight in the morning and—"

"Angie?" a tired voice said from behind. I looked to see Jem appearing, his hair sticking up in all directions. He wore no shirt and a pair of shorts as pajamas. He looked just like Sebastian when he was that age. "Where's Sebastian?"

"He had to take care of something this morning, why?" I replied. Jeremy noticed Dastan at the door, but his grogginess gave him enough energy to stay focused on our conversation.

"We were gonna go to the Central Park Zoo today," he yawned.

"You mean, you've lived here for this long and you still haven't been to the zoo?" Dastan asked him, amazed. I looked back and his face was lit up with amusement. I looked back to Jem. "I'm definitely taking you there today."

"Yeah right. Not only am I sure that Sebastian will be back in a matter of time, but you're not taking my little brother with you on your motorcycle," I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"You have a motorcycle?! That's so cool!" Jem yelled, completely amazed. Great. Dastan gestured to the excited boy and then slowly hid his smile.

"If you have such a concern then you can tag along," he said as if I was a burden. Um, hello? Jem is my little brother. He'll be the one that's a burden!