Chapter TwentyEight-"A Date?"

And what a surprise, Dastan Vega was nowhere to be found on Monday.

"Angela!" Hayden called me when Cheyenne and I were walking down the hall after second period since Nik was missing too. "I waited to pick you up this morning, but you weren't answering your phone and then your dad eventually told me that you left with Sebastian."

"Sorry...my phone died," I lied. I saw him text me a few times, but I ignored them because I was so busy with my wandering thoughts about Dastan.

"Oh," he breathed. "Well, you know I can take you to school from now on, right?"

"Yeah," I managed to smile, although my mood didn't really want me to because I was in such a bad mood from Dastan's absence. Why did I care so much? "I'm just used to riding or walking with Cheyenne or Sebastian."

"Wait," Cheyenne smiled. We both looked over to her. She gestured between us. "Does that mean you two are...official?"

Hayden smiled, grabbed my hand to lace our fingers, and then brought them up to his lips for a light kiss. Cheyenne squealed in excitement and then Mickie showed up beside us.

"Did you hear that, Mickie? Hayden and Angela are official," Cheyenne smiled to her.

"Everyone already knows that," Mickie hissed at her. However, her face changed when she looked over to me and flashed me a smile. "Chad, Vega, and I are going out to the movies later. Do you want to come?"

"Dastan's going?" I asked. However, I already knew that Dastan warned me about his affairs at the movie theaters. I certainly did not want a first seat to see him and Mickie make out. Not to mention if they were going out, he was surely in good enough help to come to school. So then where was he...and why was he skipping when he wanted to talk to me?

"We're not going," Hayden decided before I could decline it myself.

"But we're going to go see—"

"It doesn't matter. We're not going," Hayden hissed down to her with a menacing tone. "I don't want to see Vega and neither does Angela. You already know that so stop trying to force it, Mickie."

Force it? He says that as if she's invited us to other things. I didn't even comment on how I actually did want to see Dastan, but Mickie shot me the same glance that she had when she blatantly told me to be a bitch and fight for what I want. I think we both knew what that was, right now...however, I wasn't fighting.

The tardy bell sent an awakening into my thoughts and then I realized that I should really get off to class and stop worrying about this now. Mickie sent me another look as Cheyenne left, and then Hayden towed me away to yet another class Dastan wasn't in.

Halfway through learning about exponentials and logarithms, by learning I mean sleeping, I felt my not-so-dead phone buzz and I checked it while my teacher was busy at her desk.

'We r going out' Mickie said.

'Hayden said we're not,' I replied.

'Well then itll have 2 be another secret from him, huh,' she immediately texted back. I froze. How did she know about secrets? Which secrets was she referring to?

'What are you talking about?' I asked her innocently.

'you know what I mean' she said.

From there, she didn't text me back  and that worried me.

Was she talking about me secretly ignoring Hayden's texts? Was she talking about my lies about not wanting to see Dastan? Was she talking about me talking to Dastan in the first place? Was she talking about my interaction with the Proliator?! Who knew!?