Chapter ThirtyFive-"My Date With a Superhero"

"Where are we?" I asked with my eyes closed tightly. As soon as he took off and I felt his feet leave the ground, my eyes were shut. I only inquired him now because the wind stopped messing with my hair and I felt my weight back on the Earth.

"Open your eyes and find out," his voice whispered by my ear. I breath was caught in my throat—the first for a long time. I opened my eyes and saw that we were at Central Park.

"It's closed," I stated.

"Not for me," he informed with a slight laugh. "The city owes me a few favors."

"And what's the occasion for tonight?" I asked, unimpressed even though I loved just standing here in the dark with slight sounds of animals stirring in the night.

"Their beloved superhero's date with the only girl he thinks about," he whispered. That's it.

"Look. No matter how you feel about me or me to you, it won't really matter because—"

"'Won't'," he repeated. I should've used the word "doesn't" instead. Too late. "As in future tense. I'm not talking about the future right now. I'm talking about here and now. This matters here and now."

"Well here and now I'm supposed to be at home asleep for school tomorrow, not flying around with you," I retorted. Although I had strong feelings from Proliator, I couldn't play games with him any longer. He stepped near me and attempted to reach out and touch my waist. Part of me even wanted him to, but...

"Yet you haven't asked to go home," he said, his breath hitting my face.

"Yet," I assured.

"Yet," he echoed. My heart was beating loudly and I was sure that he heard. I wanted to reach up and reveal who he was this entire time. Instead of stopping me as my hand wanted to grab his hood, he just grabbed my arm. "Before you get curious, I rather continue with our date so then maybe you won't completely assume the worst."

"The worst" at this point was the possibility of him saying this was a dream. I just wanted to know who he was before I could even jump at the chance of loathing him.

"Why do you even want this date?" I asked him. "The first time I met you I didn't even believe in you. I still can't find a way to believe in you. So why is it so important—"

He pressed his lips to my cheek and kept them there.

Then, everything was erased from my mind.

With a wave—no, tsunami of emotions, I felt nothing but attraction and frustration and love and confidence and knowledge. I felt like at any moment I could take off the ground and fly anywhere I wanted with anyone I chose to do anything I pleased.  I felt happy and loved and the biggest rush ever, even though I was just standing there with a par of soft lips pressed to my cheek. When Proliator pulled away, my eyes were glazed with a new light that did not fade.

I was breathing heavily and a smile plastered my face.

"Now that you feel how I feel about you every waking moment, let's have some fun," he smiled and then laced our fingers that held a touch between us that couldn't even compare to the adoration that I was already feeling.

***

"Be absolutely still..." Proliator whispered in my ear. I was pressed against him now. His right arm was coiled around my waist and his left hand was attached to mine, hovering away from our bodies as he started to unlock our fingers.

"Grrrr..." That was all I needed before I turned to bolt out of here. Only, he tightened his grip on my waist and pecked my cheek, sending me waves of assurance.