Chapter FortyThree-"The Retirement Retaliation."

Jem wasn't lying when he was excitedly detailing about Dastan's house. I assumed it to be a simply trashed house from last night's party, but when I took Jem's surprisingly good directions, I made it to a ferry port. Jem said that Dastan had mentioned to only take the number seven ferry. When I boarded the ship, there was a brunette, middle-aged man that asked me for my name and where I was going. I answered him with the required information but added that I was Jem's brother (the little kid from yesterday). He had glared at me before, but now he was smiling while he drove away, informing me of "what a joy" Jem was to have on this boat.

We arrived at another dock and I thanked the driver before hopping off. There was a lit driveway around the base of the small island—that I didn't even know was there—and I followed it until I reached a gigantic house on the other side. It was not a wooden lake house. It was a full on futuristic-looking mansion with some walls made of sparkling glass.

"Wow," I commented. I saw two garages facing each other at an angle. There were a few cars in the driveway before them, but if there was really a party here, it was expected. I looked for a door to enter, but I couldn't find a specific "front door," so I made it all the way to the back side of the house's porch. I noticed that the screen door was unlocked so I quietly opened it. "Hello...?"

Nothing.

The inside of the house was amazing. It didn't look like there was a party here last night. This seemed to be some sort of lounge room. There was a freshly waxed wooden floor, a plasma screen on the soft blue wall that was across from a white couch. There were picture frames and art in impressively appropriate places yet the place was just as clean as Hayden's—aside from the fact that it was actually personalized.

I slowly made my way down a hallway and into another lounge area, but from there, I saw the main entrance to the house, sitting on a mountain of stairs, that I couldn't see from the street apparently. I heard a chirping sound from a car before I looked to see a girl swiftly climb out of a jeep and storm over to the front steps. She had sunglasses on, a pink tank top, and a skirt that made her legs stretch for miles. I started walking towards the front door entrance and then I found where everyone seemed to be. Up the grand staircase, I heard something smash and people shouting over each other so loudly I couldn't make out any words. Suddenly, the front door slammed shut.

I spun on my heels to face the most gorgeous girl I've seen in my life. Long brunette hair had highlights around her face and when she moved her glasses to sit on her head, she revealed smokey silver-blue eyes.

Girls like her make the rest of us want to cry.

She looked around at first, just like how I was, but then her beautiful eyes stopped on me.

"Who are you?" she asked, more surprised that someone wasn't tending to me more than the fact that I was here.

"I'm Angela. I'm actually looking for—"

"SHUT THE F*CK UP! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU," a voice suddenly roared from upstairs. We both bolted up the huge stairs that split into two separate cases, but the balcony led to the huge room in the middle. We stood side-by-side at the entry and saw a room full of people. All of them looked over to us and it's as if the room froze.

Nik relaxed and drank a sip of what seemed to be beer as he leaned on the counter off to the side. Hayden stood from his seat on the couch that he shared with Mateo. And then there was Dastan. He sat on a recliner with Mickie on the arm and his hand on her thigh, gesturing as if he was talking to someone and needed to rest his elbow on something. Just that made me jealous, even though he slowly slid it off of her and his gaze dropped to the floor. My vision fled from his at that moment as well because there was a very built and attractive man standing in the middle of the floor with a furious look on his face and his arms crossed, threatening the cloth of his sleeves to burst.