Chapter FortyTwo-"Take It Off"

Of course I had left the reception a couple hours before it was scheduled to end. Jem was dropped off here, much to his disappointment, because it was just me here with him.

"I'm sorry from taking you from Sarah tonight," I said to Jem as he was undressing from his tie and coat.

"It's fine. I still had a good time," he assured with a light smile. "But why did we leave early?"

"So the parents can have fun without us kids," I said. It was true and it was a good thing because I had been lying through my teeth until now.

"Well maybe we should have a kid party without adults," he laughed. I forced a chuckle or two.

"Sure, maybe one day," I joked and then rolled off his door frame to enter mine.

My phone started ringing and it was surprisingly Cheyenne.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Chickadee! Where are you?" she asked and I heard loud, rap music. She wasn't at the reception...

"Where are you?" I countered.

"At Dastan and Mateo's party with Kylie," she shouted. "She really knows how to party—"

"Party? Dastan and Mateo never host parties," I said. I'd bet that most people didn't even know they were siblings before tonight.

"Exactly! So why aren't you here?" she yelled over the music. Why would Dastan be having a party? Especially since he was supposed to be at the wedding reception...

"Are they there?" I asked, suddenly. I'd heard about enough parties that didn't even have hosts that lived there.

"I don't know. Maybe," she answered. Ugh. "There are a lot of people here..."

"I'll be there in a—"

"Don't you dare come here," Kylie's voice said as clear as day.

"Why are you even there?" I asked.

"Sebastian wanted me to check out the Vegas' place—since apparently it's uncommon that they have guests, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary," she answered with a sigh.

"I guess I can go and—"

"No, don't."  She wasn't the only one who said that. I looked over my shoulder and saw the Proliator stepping through my window. I immediately hung up the phone and threw it onto my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, some sort of fury in my voice. "Answer me. Why are you here and why did you send that stupid video saying that you're quitting?"

He gave me a strong look as I still stammered out questions like "what happened?" and "why" to this and that. He suddenly flashed over to me and pulled me into him.

"For you. That was all for you," he whispered, captivating me with his golden eyes before leaning down to press his lips to mine. A wave of emotions shocked between us, making a single touch from before seem like nothing. I kissed him back with more passion that I had in my body towards anyone before.

When I thought of him as some part of Hayden's plan, I knew now that I was wrong because from that kiss, he shared his emotions; they read nothing but of passion, honestly, and...love. And his powers came in the form of a curse when my emotions were mocking his and being fed to him, making me feel embarrassed.

His lips slid past mine like rubbing silks. When he slipped his tongue into my mouth, I was surprised he didn't directly dominate to mine. He wrestled with me and it made me chuckle slightly and smile in the kiss before he showed his true strength.