3 | Izaiah and Kai

Chapter 3: Izaiah and Kai

"Just say, hi, and that's it." I said.

"You don't have to repeat yourself, I'm not fucking deaf."

I refrained from punching him since he looked so good in the position he was standing. Bakugou had his hands in his pockets and his head stared straight up at the sky, avoiding total eye contact with me. I assumed he was still in shock because of the fact that he was there in my world, the real world.

When I finally reached over to open the door, my dad appeared on the other side of it with a suitcase in his hand.

"Am I seeing things or are there actual teenagers standing right beside you?"

Deku chuckled before bowing down politely.

"Hi Mr. Y/l/n, I'm Izuku Midoriya!"

I glared at him.

"Oh, are you cosplaying? Are you guys supposed to be Deku and Bakugou? You know, you actually really look like the spitting image of them."

"I'm not cosplaying." He looked over at me, nervously. I shook my head, in disappointment.

Dad tilted his head, looking a little confused, and then he walked closer to Bakugou. "Are those red eye contacts?" His face was inches away from the the boy with the bright red eyes.

"Back up, old man! These are real!"

Dad stepped back. His eyes went back and forth from both of the boys.

"Wow... you guys are good!" He chuckled. "So out of character, what are your actual names?"

I looked over at the two of them. Bakugou looked like he was not having it. I knew it was confusing for him being in a world where he had to hide his quirk and pretend to be someone he wasn't.

I cleared my throat. "Dad, these are my friends, Izaiah and Kai."

I picked those names for them since they were the first things to pop up into my head and also because it would be easier for me to remember those made up names if they had the same first letters as their real names.

Izaiah = Izuku and Kai = Katsuki.

"Well, it was nice meeting you guys, but I have to get to work now." Dad smiled giddily and walked past us.

Honestly, I thought he would've been more surprised to see me hanging out with them, but I guess he got carried away observing Deku and Bakugou's features. I mean, who wouldn't. Bakugou looked so good as a real life person.

The three of us walked inside. At the top of the stairs that lead to the top floor where my parents room was, stood Mighty. He was so small that he couldn't run down the stairs. He tried to once but ended up tumbling all the way down.

"Mighty! Hi baby!" I ran up the stairs towards him. "Where's mom?" I picked him up.

Normally he would've licked my face, but instead he buried his head into my armpit. The poor little guy was still trembling with fear from this morning. Bakugou had really traumatized him.

"Look what you did to my baby, Bakugou!" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

He didn't say anything, and still wasn't looking at me either. It was as if I didn't exist in that moment.

"Y/n! Come help me in the kitchen!" Mom called.

I walked down the stairs and placed Mighty back onto the ground, and of course he instantly ran in the opposite direction of Bakugou. Honesty, it made me a little sad since I wanted the two of them to get along.

Once in the kitchen, I hurried over to where mom was standing with a broom in her hand.

"Mom, why are you still here? Don't you leave earlier than dad?"

She turned to face me. "Yes, but there's an enormous rat in the kitchen and I couldn't leave without getting rid of it!"

"So why didn't you tell dad to handle it?" I asked amusedly.

She slammed the broom in the gap that was between the counter and fridge. "Hunny, you know your dad is too much of a little girl to take care of something like this, plus I already called my boss beforehand." She slammed the broom again, but with much more force.

"Kacchan, what are you doing?!"

"The stupid rat isn't even over there, it's right—"

I looked over to see what was happening and for a split second; I caught a glimpse of Bakugou's quirk.

"HERE!"

There was a loud shriek that filled the kitchen right before he pulled the burned rat out from behind the stove.

"When did these boys get here?!" Mom questioned me. A look of disbelief was written on her face. She let the broom fall to the ground and walked over to where Bakugou was. With two fingers, he held the roasted creature by its tail.

"How did you.... catch it?" She examined it and even leaned closer, but quickly backed up once the rat's burning stench filled her nostrils. "Oh, Lord, that reeks! Y/n go show him where the dumpster is outside."

I Laughed and walked over to Bakugou, who was already walking to the front door. It was only the two of us who went outside. Midoriya stayed behind, which didn't worry me too much because I trusted him.

-ˋˏ ༻💥༺ ˎˊ-

"So, are you just going to keep ignoring me like this or what?" I asked. My voice was as normal as I could force it to sound.

The fact that he started ignoring me out of nowhere really got to me. One moment we were at the library and he was yelling at me, and then the next we were at my house and it was like he ran out of insults. I was having a hard time staying calm.

After he threw the rat away, he carelessly walked in the door's direction.

My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. I didn't even get a glance from him, not even in my general direction. I was non-existent to him. It was as if I was in my room watching him from the other side of the screen and he couldn't see or hear me, but it was much worse than that because he could, in fact, see and hear me.

How much longer can he keep this up? How much longer until my heart stops hurting? Has he noticed my puffy eyes? That was all I could think.

I wanted to stop him in his tracks and talk things out, but I knew it would only make things worse. So I stood there, by the dumpster, watching him walk further away from me, until he disappeared into my house.

Then I looked down at the ground, and at my feet, and I let the tear—that I had been holding back—trickle down from my cheek to the ground.

For a few seconds, I let myself cool down and then I made my way back into my house. When I walked into the kitchen I saw my mom and Deku talking, and they were getting along more than fine. They were getting along great! It wasn't a surprise to me since Deku is a lovable person, but it was pretty weird watching my mom talk to the main character of the anime she told me to stop rewatching.

"Hunny! When were you going to introduce me to your friends?! Have you been hiding them from me this whole time?!" She asked.

I looked over at Bakugou who was standing on the opposite end of kitchen island from me.

•He wasn't talking to me.

•He wasn't looking at me.

•And he didn't even want to be close to me.

It certainly was a lovely way to start the day off.
—notice the sarcasm.

I turned back to my mom and answered her. "Yeah, well, now you've finally met them." I forced a smile. It was decent enough to make it appear as though nothing was wrong. She didn't even ask about my eyes. I was sure I looked a mess from earlier at the library, but she was so focused on my friends that she payed me no mind.

After what seemed like the time it took me to watch all of One Piece, she finally left for work.

And then, it was just the three of us.

Or more like, just me and Izuku..