9 | You Could Get All the Ladies!

Chapter 9: You Could Get All the Ladies!

The night the boys settled in, I never went down into the basement because of what happened between Bakugou and I. My parents were the ones who set up mattresses for them to sleep on and gave them blankets and pillows to use.

It wasn't until I heard Izuku start the water for his shower that I decided to go down and offer some of my clothes to Bakugou.

I knocked on the basement door and was greeted with an "Enter" in response. I did as told by that word and opened the door. Inside I found him, he sat on one of the mattresses, putting his shoes on.

Being in his presence was a bit awkward, maybe not for him, but for me it sure was. After being flashed by his angelic body, I didn't know how to act.

I'm pretty sure I stood there for a minute or so just watching him take forever to slip his shoes on until he asked me what I wanted.

"Oh, right," I shook my head, ridding my mind of other thoughts, "do you need to borrow some of my clothes?"

He shook his head side to side. That simple act amazed me. What I thought would have been an aggressive no of a response was merely a head shake. Then again, it shouldn't have been a surprise to me, since he'd told me about wanting to change himself as a person, the night before.

"I can control the amount of sweat that leaves my body, and so it's not much right now. Plus my clothes don't stink since I washed them last night."

"Last night? When exactly?"

"When Deku left to go to your room."

I thought about that for a bit. That night, his first night in the real world, was spent in the basement, by himself.

Whether he wanted Izuku's company or not was something I needed to know, incase Izuku planned to spend more nights in my room.

"Sorry you had to sleep alone last night." I apologized, though it sounded like I was trying to tell him that I would've liked to share the same room with him. Of course that was true in my mind but not what I meant to imply with those words.

"It's fine, I like being alone. Actually, I like the quietness and Deku would've taken that from me if we slept in the same room."

I nodded in response. That was true especially for me since that night Izuku had kept me from falling asleep everytime that I dozed off. Either he wanted me to stay up and watch each episode of Demon Slayer with him, or he just asked me tons of questions because he truly wanted answers to them.

When he finished readying himself, he stood up. I asked him if he wanted to come with me and Izuku to buy my phone and some clothes for the two of them.

It took a while for me to convince him to come along. I told him that if he didn't come with, I would have to pick clothes out for him and I wasn't too sure of what he would like. Yes, I had an image in my head of the style he might've been into, but if I bought what I thought would be something he'd like and he ended up disliking it, then it would have been a waste of my own money—not the four hundred dollars mom gave me, but money I earned from babysitting my neighbors' kids.

In less than fifteen minutes, after Izuku finished his shower, the three of us left the house.

It was about a thirty minute walk to the mall in my town. The walk would have been shorter if I didn't walk so slow, but the boys didn't mind. Well actually, I don't know about Bakugou but Izuku didn't mind at all. The two of us talked the whole walk there, chatting mostly about Kimetsu no Yaiba and him demanding that I let him have my Nezuko nendroid.