31 | We're Two Worlds Apart

Chapter 31: We're Two Worlds Apart

(THE VIDEO IS THE SONG THAT INSPIRED THIS STORY SO PLAY IT FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE 🎧‼️)

The park was quiet, and by the time we finished setting up camp, the sun had begun to set. Rays of soft, orange, yellow, and red painted a beautiful scene across the horizon. Katsuki and I sat there, at the opening of the tent, and watched as day turned into night. One by one, we pointed out each star that popped up into our vision. It was like a game of hide and go seek.

"We should set up a campfire," I climbed out from inside the tent and applied heaps more bug spray on myself before putting on my sweatshirt for extra protection.

"It's hot as shit and you're still out here wearing that?!" He was in a white tank top followed by some black shorts that completely covered his thighs up, "No, you're staying in the tent because you're sick!" He stood up and took the bug spray from me to spray a bit on himself.

"I'm not sick! I'm just on my period!"

"Whatever, you're still not walking around. You've walked enough on the way here," He argued. It was true, even the walk to the park was a struggle because of the random cramps that creeped up on me whenever I took one wrong step.

"Katsuki! You can't leave me alone!" I looked at him with pleading eyes, "Mighty can't be here because my parents said he might catch fleas, so who's going to protect me?!"

He thought about my reasoning for a second, and when he crawled back in the tent, I knew he agreed to let me go when I saw him come out holding the towel he made me bring. "You can come, but you're not carrying any of the wood," He wrapped the towel around my waist and took me by the hand as we walked into the small forest near the park.

We'd brought flashlights to light up our path, but for some reason, the fact that our source of light could only light up one small area at a time really creeped me out. "Look! A baby log!" I flashed the light on the wrist sized piece of wood, and before Katsuki could stop me, I waddled over and picked it up.

"Baby log acquired!" I waved it up in the air for him to see. Katsuki looked at me with an annoyed facial expression as he scolded me for going against what he'd said about me not carrying any wood. For mere seconds I brushed his glare off, but when I felt something crawl on my arm, under my sweatshirt, I screamed and dropped it to the ground.

Quickly, with his help, I unzipped the piece of clothing and swiped my arms down of any bugs that were on the log. "Can you carry that for me?" I pointed at my sweatshirt in his hand. He sighed and put it over his shoulder without a care.

"Well, at least you learned your lesson about what I told you NOT to do," He reached down and picked up the wood I had thrown on the ground in front of us. "You're still taking it?! There's bugs on there!" I said taking a step back from him.

"Who cares! This is good wood, and these little shits are going to burn in the flames anyway," He continued to walk deeper into the forest with me tagging alongside him, while keeping my distance from every piece of wood he picked up.

"How are you not scared of all these bugs?!" I scanned all around us with my flashlight making sure that no flying insects would land on my body. Waiting in the tent seemed more safe than walking around with someone who didn't care if ants crawled on his hands.

"They don't scare me because they're everywhere! Even on us there are things living on our skin that we can't see so it doesn't matter." To him it wasn't a big deal to say that, but for me it was. "THERE'S TINY BUGS LIVING ON ME?!" I grabbed the bug repellent out of the small bag I was carrying and sprayed myself down once again.