8 | Grass Haired Nerd

Chapter 8: Grass Haired Nerd

I woke up to the sound of the Demon Slayer outro playing right next to my ear.

"Makasa! There can't be a cliffhanger!"

(Makasa='No way!')

I opened my eyes only to see Mighty and Izuku cuddled up next to each other watching anime without me.

"I see how it is." I sat up and gave him a death stare.

"Y/n, it's not what it looks like!" He closed the computer and threw it away from him to the edge of the bed.

"I didn't think it would end like this, but that was your last straw." I sighed.

He watched me as I stood up.

"What do you mean?! What happened to all the others!? What did I do?!" His voice grew louder and louder with each question. Then he stood up and walked over to me.

I put my hand up in a fist and named incidents with him that came to mind.

"First you come to my house uninvited." I threw a finger up and shoved it in his face—not literally.

"Then you stole my parents from me." I put another finger up.

"And my dog." I pointed at Mighty who was in between his feet. "Shame on you Dynamight, I thought you were better than this." The little guy backed up behind him and whimpered in discontent as my third finger went up.

"Last night I didn't want to tell you what happened but you begged so much that I had to." A fourth finger.

"And now you finished Demon Slayer without me?!" Five fingers.

Izuku's mouth was wide open in confusion. He didn't know what to say to me. I could see tears start to form in his eyes. He must've been thinking: 'I guess this is it for me, now I have to find somewhere to sleep, maybe a cardboard box will suffice.'

"I'm sorry!" He bowed down making a ninety degree angle. "Please forgive me. I'm sorry for being a nuisance!"

On the ground I saw the small puddles that his tears made. I almost felt bad for him. Actually, no, I found it hilarious. Though, maybe my sarcastic voice wasn't as noticeable as I thought it was. Or maybe he was just too innocent to take a joke.

I could only handle seeing him like that for a few seconds before it became too much for me.

"Izuku, I'm just messing with you!" Laughter escaped my mouth.

He lifted his body up straight. His eyes were red, and a noticeable quivering lip that slowly relaxed itself was shown on his face.

"That was a joke?" He asked.

The distance between his eyebrows narrowed. I'd never seen him upset like that, not over something stupid like a harmless prank. If someone did play a prank on him, his common response would most likely be to get flustered and apologize for being dumb.

This however, was not the case. Of course, he didn't intimidate me, not one bit.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" He shouted, the veins on his forehead popped out a little.

That came as a surprise to me. I didn't expect him to do something like that. It was a good thing my parents left for work early in the morning.

"HOW COULD YOU, Y/N! LOOK AT THOSE TEARS!" He pointed a finger at the carpeted floor. "WHAT A MESS!! AND FOR WHAT?! Absolutely nothing. Now I'm going to have to clean this up. Where are the tissues?"

Tissues, his words repeated through my head. I lost it again. He wanted to clean that up, for real. Well, to be fair the carpet was a bit wet, but I wasn't surprised since he was such a baby crier.