6 | Hey, Otaku

Chapter 6: Hey, Otaku

After dinner, and after the incident with... him.

I laid in bed, looking up at the shadows of the trees that reflected through the thin curtains and up to my ceiling. I was cozied up in some normal pillows and blankets.

Yes, normal pillows and blankets with no spiky haired boys on them. I couldn't sleep with those, not after what happened.

It was only ten, which was weird because I never went to bed that early. I wanted to be alone though. I wanted to cry my heart out by myself.

And I was going to, until I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I sat up.

"It's Izaiah" the voice said. "I'm here to bring you your puppy."

I looked around my room and to my surprise, Mighty was not there. I'd never forgotten about my puppy, never.

I was infuriated with myself. I had forgotten my child and hadn't even noticed it.

"Come in." I scooted to the edge of my bed.

The door opened and I saw the silhouette of a boy and the wagging tail of my doggy. Then he flicked the lights on.

For a second I was blinded, and then he walked over to me.

"Sorry," He chuckled, "you forgot this little guy. It's okay though, he didn't seem to miss you one bit when he was with me."

I laughed and threw a pillow at him.

He placed him on my bed and I picked him up, suffocating him with kisses.

"What happened to your other pillows?" He asked, looking at my bed.

"I needed a break from them."

That was the truth. It seemed like I could always tell him the truth. Izuku was the only person I could trust. The only person that didn't judge me for being myself.

He sat down next to me.

"So, my parents?" I asked.

"They went to bed, told me to tell you goodnight for them because they wanted to give you space since you seemed off. That and because they're tired."

My parents were understanding, always. They knew when to talk to me and when to leave me alone. I was thankful for that. Not a lot of parents are like that.

"I love your parents." He added.

"They seem to love you too."

We both sat there in silence for about a minute. Mighty went back and forth between the two of our laps.

"Wanna watch some Demon Slayer?" I finally spoke up.

His eyes lit up and the corners of his mouth lifted.

"Could we?" He asked, with a voice almost begging for me to say, "Yes."

I told him to grab my laptop from the counter and a few snacks from my drawers.

He gave it to me, and I turned it on. The password was a ship name, it was mine and.. his.

Once I pressed enter, I was in.

Some tabs were still opened, I should have closed them. My eyes moved from the screen to Izuku.

"It's okay." He smiled and looked away to give me some privacy.