26 | I Don't Belong Here

Chapter 26: I Don't Belong Here

Cruise day number three. We decided that we wouldn't join anymore parties to avoid any drama, but mostly to avoid Devin whom we hadn't seen since the first day. Katsuki didn't like him, and neither did I, not after what he pulled. There was no way I could like, much less love, another boy who wasn't Katsuki.

"Sometimes it's better to just shut the fuck up and listen to what I'm trying to tell you!" I covered his eyes, "If you get into a fight, you can hear where your opponent is!"

"Nah, you're dumb as shit," he slapped my hand away, "If you can't see them, you can't fucking beat them!"

"That's not—Oh my God! Being blind is better than being deaf, and that's fucking final!" I grabbed my false lash and stuck it on my real lashes.

"How am I supposed to see you if I'm blind?! Do you know how fucking shitty that would be?" We looked at one another through the mirror as I finished getting ready to go out.

"Tell me more," I raised an eyebrow, intrigued to hear what exactly he had to say. "You actually look good, so if I was—" I cut him short of his sentence.

"What the shit is actually supposed to mean?! Are you implying that I don't ever look good? Is this the only time I've ever—"

"God, this is why I'd rather be deaf," he sighed, "No, you spider-eyed fuck! You look good all the damn time! Today you just look like a different kind of good, but honestly I prefer you without all that paint on your face, not that it looks bad, but you don't need that shit to look nice."

I stared at him for a few seconds, thinking over what he had said and realized how adorable he sounded. That side of Katsuki was my weakness, I couldn't resist him when he spoke to me like that. "Okay, fine, you win!" I rolled my eyes and continued to do the rest of my makeup, "What did we bet on again?"

"Loser does what the other says," He reminded me. That morning we were so bored that we had agreed to pick a topic to argue on, and whoever could convince the other to agree with them would be in charge of what the day would look like.

If I had won the first thing I would've suggested was to go to the dining area and eat breakfast there since I had gotten all dressed up for exactly that, but instead he made me call up room service and order meals. They didn't take too long to arrive at our door, but when they did Katsuki leapt to the door and snatched the food out of the woman's hands.

"Hungry much?"

"Shut up, or I'll eat this all myself."

Clearly he told the truth because of how starved he looked, so I got up and helped myself to a plate of waffles on the tray he carried. As he bit down on some of his meal, I noticed a look I hadn't seen on him before. Something was off about him. He looked like he was caught up in his thoughts, which wasn't really like him. When I called his name he didn't reply until the third time; it was strange.

"Is something wrong? What are you thinking of?" It was a simple question to ask, and I didn't mean any harm by it, but maybe it sounded a little too invasive. "Nothing is wrong. I'm fine, just mind your own business." There it was, the first sign that something was definitely wrong.

I couldn't confront him about it right off the bat—no actually, I decided not to at all, not until I noticed something that would give me a hint on what exactly it was that bothered him. Until then, I changed the subject, "Okay, look at me, and tell me if my eyeliner is straight."

He snapped out of his thoughts and inched closer to me as we both sat on the bed. "So?" I asked again with my eyes closed so that he could have a better look.