20 | Butterflies

Chapter 20: Butterflies

I stood up quickly and chased after him. For once I predicted something and was right about it. Though I wish I hadn't been because I felt like I triggered him and I didn't want him to be angry with me. It had to be done though. I had already done the damage and only needed to get an honest answer from him.

"Katsuki, wait!" I grabbed his arm before he could open the front door. We stood there silently for a couple seconds until he asked me what I wanted in a very low voice. "Answer my question." He tried to shake me off of him and grabbed the door with his other hand but I ended up hugging his arm to prevent him from leaving. "I don't want to," he whispered.

"I promise you that I won't judge you. I just really want to know. I want you to be able to trust me. It's not fair that we can't both trust each other the same! So please... tell me."

"It's not that I don't trust you," he sighed, "I guess I'm kind of embarrassed by it."

"Why though?"

He took a few deep breaths and relaxed his body as he took his hand off the doorknob. With that, I let go of his arm and he walked to the couch to sit down. I tried to sit beside him but he shook his head no, so I sat on the table in front of him.

"I have this feeling in my stomach that I've been feeling a lot lately and at first I thought I was sick because I keep thinking I want to throw up but it never happens. And I'm so fucking confused. I've never felt like this and—"

When I put my hand on his knee, he flinched and his eyes darted at me but quickly looked elsewhere after he slapped my hand off. "Don't touch me, it makes it even worse. My heart feels like it's about to explode," he stood up and paced back and forth, "Fuck, it's hot, it's really fucking hot in here." Before I could say something, he ran off into the bathroom and locked himself inside.

I knocked on the door feeling worried, "Are you okay in there? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." I turned my back to the door and slowly slid down, hugging my legs when I sat on the floor.

"Please don't talk, I don't wanna see or hear you, I can't."

"Wait... what? Y—you don't wanna—"

"CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP? YOUR VOICE! IT'S MAKING MY STOMACH HURT!"

As I sat there, I almost shed a tear when I thought about leaving because what he said was weird and didn't make much sense, but his words sounded a bit familiar. I thought I heard them before. That maybe one time I might've said the same thing, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Not until I heard what he said next.

"Oh, God, I don't wanna feel this. Why is she making me feel this? Why does her voice make my stomach churn? That stupid laugh and those stupid eyes. Just thinking about her—shit! WHY WON'T I THROW UP! THROW UP ALREADY!"

Urban Dictionary:
butterflies
butterflies are typically known as THE WORST AND BEST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO YOU. (woo, okay, I'm good)

it usually feels like you're naseaous or sick (more times than none, actually).

depending on the person and situation, it could feel like an elephant prancing around in your stomach. if you've really got it bad, IT'S THE ENTIRE ZOO.

this guy named harry gives me major butterflies.
these butterflies won't leave me alone!

by shyghost July 02, 2014
👍🏼21 👎🏼0

"No way," I accidentally said out loud. Then suddenly I heard him gasp and fall down with a big thud, "Y/n? You're still there?!" He asked and I giggled at the big ruckus he'd made, "STOP! DON'T DO THAT SHIT! DON'T LAUGH LIKE THAT!" He yelled, sounding very serious. Obviously he was overreacting, but I tried to control my laughter for his sake.