18 | That's Fucked Up

Chapter 18: That's Fucked Up

When the clock reached six AM, I had already been ready with my shoes and clothes on whilst laying under my covers. So I ran out of my room and into the bathroom to finish my morning routine before rushing to the front door. Just as I was about to walk outside, mom had caught me. I totally forgot her and dad were up early for work.

"Where are you off to so early and in such a hurry?" She asked, inspecting my face. I gave her a false smile and told her I was going for a walk. She didn't look too convinced by my lie so I told her another—that I was going to go to the mall to buy Katsuki a late birthday gift—that one she believed.

I left the house with one hundred dollars in my pocket so when I called for another Uber the first thing I did was buy some curry for him in case he refused to eat the food that the hospital offered him.

-ˋˏ ༻💥༺ ˎˊ-

When I arrived at the hospital I barged into the doors, nearly dropping the container of food. "Hello!" I walked up to the front desk, "Do you know what room um—Kai is in?" I asked, hoping that was the name he'd given them.

"Oh, yes, the boy with no last name. Are you related to him?" She asked. I aggressively nodded yes in response. "Tell me hun, what's your last name?" I looked at her offended, trying to come up with a lie so that the information I gave her wouldn't lead her to my parents. "I don't have a last name because I'm—I am an orphan! Me and my brother, we're orphans!" I scoffed.

The lady turned red out of embarrassment and gave me the number of his room. I smiled and quickly walked off in search of the room. The closer I got, the more anxious I became. When I reached his room, the door was closed. Something seemed weird so I knocked, hoping to get an answer.

But I didn't get one. "HELLO!? KATSUKI!!!" I almost kicked the door down, even though it wasn't locked. "Katsuki..." I placed the curry on the small table and sat on the hospital chair next to him.

He must've heard the noise I made because I noticed his eyes slowly open up. Seeing a respirator over his mouth worried me. I couldn't tell if he was getting better or worse. "Y/n," he spoke in a very soft voice, "I think my time's up." He chuckled.

"What?!" I threw the chair back and stood up in a panic, "Katsuki, what do you mean!? You're fine, right? Tell me you're okay! I need you to be okay!" Liquid flooded out of my eyes and down my face. "I can't feel my back, my head feels like it's going to burst open, and..." he gasped for air, "It's over for me.. I'm..sorry.. Y/n..."

Suddenly the heart monitor machine started beeping, and a flatline appeared. "No, Katsuki! You're all I have, you can't leave me! It's not fair!" I wrapped my arms around him, "Katsuki... I'm sorry..." With that, I bawled my eyes out. I couldn't believe he was gone. I refused to believe it!

This can't be the end.. don't disappear on me, I thought as my mind drowned with our memories. The only memories when I was truly happy. It hurt so much. "First Izuku, and now—" suddenly the beeping stopped.

"Come on, you can't bring him up while I'm on my deathbed. That's fucked up." He sat up, brushing his hands through his head like it was nothing. Like he wasn't just dead five seconds ago. "But, how?" I asked, looking at him with the most confused face ever.

"You can stop hugging me now," he nudged me off, "You really thought a stupid rock would be enough to kill me?" He scoffed looking annoyed with me.

"But the beeping, that straight line, how?" I moved my lips trying my best not to frown. "Oh, that! It was easy, I just took this cord off of myself." He said with a calm voice. That idiot really thought he was funny. Katsuki definitely had the worst humor ever. It was like he was trying to give me a heart attack.