24 | Thickalicious

Chapter 24: Thickalicious

By the time Friday came around, we were all packed and ready to drive to the port. Mighty had to stay behind with the neighbors because they wouldn't allow me to bring him, but he didn't look too upset to be left with Myah and Mason so that was a relief.

A few days before, Katsuki and I  went shopping, and I helped him pick out some light clothes to wear; such as shorts, sleeveless shirts, and swimming trunks.

I was definitely looking forward to seeing that well defined six pack of his, again. Though, I didn't want to show off my body because I was always insecure of it. It didn't matter how many times people complimented my physique, I just didn't quite love the way that I looked. At least, not until he had something to say about it.

When we boarded the ship, we unpacked our luggage in our rooms, otherwise known as cabins. Mom and dad shared one, while Katsuki and I had a different one to share. In our cabin was a queen sized bed, bathroom, a vanity, and a closet.

"Let's go to the lounge first! Maybe we'll find someone cool to get us free stuff!" We walked out of the cabin and down the slightly spacious hallway with a bunch of other rooms.

"What are you gonna do? Go up to some random dude and beg him to buy you food?" He rolled his eyes.

I slapped him on the head and sprinted away. As I was about to turn the corner I bumped into someone and caused us both to crash down onto the floor. From behind me, I heard Katsuki's footsteps increase in speed.

Soon enough he pulled me off of the stranger who happened to be a boy who was our age, with brown hair and hazel eyes. When I first saw him, he looked familiar, like I knew him from somewhere, but I didn't know where.

"Y/n? The pretty girl from biology?" He spoke up.

Then it clicked, I knew he looked familiar. His name was Devin. We had biology together. I didn't think anyone in that class knew I was even there, since I was so quiet, but I guess I was wrong. Now that I think about that, I'd always felt like there were eyes on me, but of course that was a feeling I had all the time. People just loved to stare.

"Devin Porter?" I felt my cheeks get warm at his compliment. Pretty? Yeah, right. When I looked back at Katsuki, he didn't look excited to see him, at all. Why would he? Another boy was hitting on me, and bold enough to call me pretty!

"Let's go, Y/n, we gotta find that cool person you were talking about," Katsuki grabbed my hand and pulled me away in the other direction, away from Devin who looked a bit embarrassed.

I was one-hundred and five percent sure that he was jealous, because if he wasn't, he wouldn't have taken my hand, not while someone else was watching.

Upon entering the lounge, there were more people my age than I'd expected. It was like we'd all coincidentally made plans for the same trip. Something like that wasn't uncommon though. During exciting events, such as a cruise, lots of people from my town would join.

"Oh crap! People from my school!" I stopped in my tracks and hid myself behind him, peeking even so slightly to see who exactly was there.

"Let go of me, you look dumb as hell," he nudged me off and walked over to one of the few empty couches that nobody had sat in. Together we sat on it and looked around, observing everyone. I mostly tried to avoid being seen by more guys from my school because I didn't need them asking me for my number, especially not in front of Katsuki.

When I noticed someone walking towards us, I immediately jumped up, "Gotta go use the bathroom real quick!" I ran away, into a hallway, hoping a restroom would be close by.