A Sick Love

I was exiting a dream; a dream of being in Italy with a boy. As my mind began to wake, a name came to mind. Alexei, the boy's name was Alexei. I knew from the moment I woke up that it wasn't just a dream, it was a memory.

Eyes still closed, I took a deep breath. It was both surprising and pleasing when I inhaled Cu's scent. Sliding my arms under the pillow, I buried my face into it, inhaling deeper. I gave a pleased sigh, before deciding to open my eyes. Turning my head to the side, I was surprised for the second time that morning. Cu was sitting beside me, an eyebrow raised as he stared down at me. I realized I wasn't on the floor where I fell asleep, but on the bed, Cu leaned against the backboard of the bed beside my head.

I tried to get up, but that quickly proved to be a bad idea. The sudden movement made my head spin, and my arms trembled just holding my weight. Cu's hand was quickly on my chest, lightly pushing me back down. "Oh, you're not ready to get up just yet." My head flopped back down on the pillow.

"How did I get on the bed?" I asked while rubbing my beating temples. My voice was rasped when I spoke.

"I moved you." He leaned towards the side table. "It wouldn't have been polite for me not to."

"Living up to your heroic standards?"

"Exactly." He turned back to me with a cup of water. "Here," Cu cupped the back of my head, lifting me slightly. I assured him I could do it myself, but he refused to let me. When the water flowed into my mouth, it felt good against my sore throat.

"Thank you," My manners kicked in.

"You're welcome," Cu gave me a smile as he laid my head back down. Averting my gaze and gripping the bed covers, I realized I really didn't handle his smiles well. Being here with him could turn into a real problem for me. I needed to focus on regaining my memory, and getting back to wherever I came from. When Cu turned to put the cup back, I rose up, slowly this time. The blanket fell to my waist, and I realized I was still naked. I held the blanket around my waist, hanging my legs over the side of the bed. When cool air hit my torso, I was reminded of how cold I was. Not a numb cold like last night, this was a feverish cold sweat.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Getting up." As I tried to lift myself from the bed, an arm wrapped around my torso, pulling me back down.

"I said not yet." Cu's annoyed face came into view above me.

"I can't just lay around in bed all day, there are things I need to do."

"You're not going to be able to do anything in this state."

"You'd be surprised." I shouldn't be sick, I should be able to heal fine. But something was wrong, and I don't think sleep will cure it. I went to get up again, but Cu put a hand on my chest, face beyond annoyed. He was starting to irritate me as well.

"I said no."

"And I said yes." His hand was still plastered against my chest. I grabbed his wrist trying to move his hand, but it wouldn't budge. "Cu, take your hand off me." My tone was dark and unwavering. For a moment, I thought he would actually do what I asked, as he watched me silently, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Cu started moving, placing his free hand next to my head, legs kneeled on either side of me, and completely leaned over my body. His eyes grew dark, a far from friendly smirk forming on his lips. With a slow pace, his hand slid up my chest, tingling the skin. One of my hands was gripping his forearm, while the other was digging its fingers into the bed. It was difficult to keep hard unwavering eye contact with him while his hand moved. His fingers rubbed my collar bone a little before tracing my neck up to my jaw. My fingers dug into his arm while his played on my cheek. I didn't know what to say. What could I say!? His hand finally came to a stop, cupping my cheek firmly.