The Two Week Trial

The next morning, I waited in the common room for Cu, but he didn't come down when he typically does. Sighing, I pushed myself off the wall I was leaned up against, and walked upstairs to Cu's room. As expected, he was still fast asleep. What I hadn't expected though was seeing him still wrapped up in my cloak.

"Cu?" There was no response. Walking over to the bed, I put my hand on his shoulder to shake him awake. But the moment I touched him, he grabbed my forearm hugging it to his cheek. "Ah, so you are awake."

Eyes still closed he muttered sleepily, "Nope, I'm completely asleep."

I sat on the edge of the bed. "Do you plan to wake up any time soon?"

A small smile crept onto his lips. "Maybe if it's you waking me."

"Hmph, okay." I in turn grabbed his forearm, and standing up, I yanked him out of bed. "Happy?"

Cu was halfway on the floor, his legs still propped up on the bed. On his elbows for support, Cu pushed back the hair that fell in his face, and glared up at me. "That was cruel, Emiya."

I shrugged, "You asked me to wake you up, and look, you're awake."

"Still you could've used a more gentle method." When I offered my hand, he took it, brushing off my cloak as he stood.

"Hey, I was just fulfilling my duty."

"Of which I was not satisfied with the results. Waking up is a very special moment, that if not handled with care, can put a dent in your whole day." It was enjoyable to see him use hand gestures to further illustrate his point.

"It seems you really take this stuff seriously."

"I do, very seriously," his expression turned more playful than anything. "And you will pay."

I chuckled, "Well see, but for now we should get going."

"Do I at least get some breakfast first?" He gave me puppy dog eyes, and I had to bite back a smile.

"You lost that opportunity when you woke up late."

"So you yank me out of bed, then force me to go without food? You are determined to ruin my morning aren't you?" He sighed, "How about we make a deal, you make me breakfast, and I forgive you for this morning."

"I don't see how I gain from this deal."

"You get to be put back in the good graces of me, and as a bonus reward, you got to see me just waking up. A sight many only dream of seeing."

"The question is, whether or not it is a good dream or a bad dream."

He frowned, "What's that supposed to mean?" He pat his disheveled blue hair self-consciously. "Do I look that bad?"

I was suddenly alert, "No, no," waving his hands away from his hair so that I could, in turn, stroke the blue strands. "You look handsome as ever." The words flew out of my mouth before I could catch them.

Cu put his hands atop mine, keeping my fingers in his hair. There was a warm smile on his lips. "I'm glad that I have your approval, Emiya~"

I licked my lips, my thoughts in fragments. The only thing I could focus on was the feel of Cu's silky hair between my fingers.

"Fine, I'll make you breakfast." I said hastily, just eager to get out of the room. My fingers retreated from his hair, and I walked out the door, almost forgetting to turn the knob on my way out.

A little later, I walked out of the kitchen, Cu's food in hand. He was waiting at a table, now dressed with his hair combed back into a ponytail. I noticed he was now wearing his typical dark fur lined cloak. In his hands was my cloak.