Human Needs

Once our argument/ hugging session was over, Cu made time to take in his surroundings. This was just a regular store room, no marvel to see, but Cu seemed to find a way to captivate himself. He fiddled with the things on the shelves with a childish curiosity. I smiled watching him bounce around the new things like a happy puppy. Though, there was one thing we both found odd.

"This, this is cardboard," he was fingering the edge of a cardboard box. "And that's a light." He pointed to the ceiling, then raced to the wall. "This is it's switch." A set of lights in the room flickered on and off.

"Stop that Cu, someone could see the light from under the door."

"Emiya," he said my name astonished. "Why do I know what everything is? I've never seen any of this in my life!" It was the very question I'd been asking myself as he bounced around the room. Analyzing the situation, I had on hypothesis.

"The only explanation I can think of is the portal."

"And what would that do?" Cu

didn't look up at me, his attention already caught on some other item, turning it in his fingers.

"Well, the portal was created from my mind. I wonder if you jumping through it, you managed to retain some of my knowledge."

Cu let the item clink down on the metal shelf. "So in a way I went through your mind?"

"In a sense, yes."

A suggestive smirk slid into his face. "Seems I've managed to penetrate your mind as well as your body. That's intimate."

Even now, Cu could make me blush. I thought the reaction would fade with time, but I was beginning to doubt that thought now. "Alright Cu that's enough, time to get to work." I snagged his arm to get him away from the shelves and distraction. "If you want to get back you'll have to help me." As I finished the sentence, my brain explored another route. "Or..." I glanced around the room.

It was Cu's turn to grip me. "I'm not staying in here." His words were firm. "You're kidding yourself if you think I won't be helping you." I opened my mouth to contradict, but his stare closed it again. It seemed he was giving me no room to negotiate, and in the end there wasn't a whole lot I could do to keep him from walking through that door. Still something cautioned me about letting him help.

I looked around as if the gray walls somehow held an answer, but ended up turning to Cu reluctantly. "As long as you don't plan on doing anything reckless and stupid."

He grinned. "I can't make any promises." It was the very answer I was hoping not to get, yet the one I knew would be inevitable. I dragged a hand over my face unsur whether or not to regret my next words.

"Alright just stay on the down low. You can at least manage that."

"I'll try my best." A jesting tone on his tongue, yet I knew he was serious.

Now that I had that confirmation from him, my mind could focus on other matters. Leaning against the wall, I crossed my arms staring off at the door. Cu mimicked my stance, his shoulder bumping against mine. This was the moment I'd given myself to think, revisit the knowledge I had stored, and assess. Though, as the moment drew on, Cu's eyes burning into the side of my head did quite a wonderful job as a distraction. When looking at what the future has in store, Cu's eyes would always be employed in that position. At first his gaze was anticipating, but as time grew, it seemed to drape against me, daydreams feeling Cu's mind. My hand flashed up, covering those lusting eyes.

"Wha--?"

"Stop whatever thoughts you're having, Cu."

I felt the rise of his cheeks under my hand. "Does it bother you that much?"