Into the Grove

I gripped Cu's waist a little tighter, as a slight tingle of magic washed over me. It was an odd sensation, like a cool, thin, invisible layer of silk seeping into my skin. The feeling was quite familiar to me, yet still managed to bring a small chill.

"We're here." Cu's words fell dull on my ears.

"Cheer up," I placed a small kiss on his neck. "I'm not gone yet."

"Hm," my ears detected a smile in his voice. "You're right." Liath's trot came to a stop as Cu pulled up on the reins. "Let's stop here for a moment, and eat something. I'm starving." I couldn't tell if it was genuine, or he just wanted an excuse to spend time with me before we reached Cathbad. Probably both in all honesty. Sliding off Liath, I began rummaging through the saddle bag for food as Cu came down as well.

"Do you want to eat anything in particular--?" Cu's chest pressed against my back, his hands crawling under my shirt. "What are you doing?"

"I told you, I'm starving." He gave me a wet kiss on the back of my neck, then began sucking on the skin. After one long breathless moment, he pulled away, tugging on my wrist to follow. Walking backwards, a devilish smirk on his face, he led me to a soft patch of emerald grass.

"So you intend to save the actual eating for later?"

"No," with one big tug, he closed any distance between us. "I intend to eat you right now." My face went ablaze as I realized how far he intended to go.

"Cu--!" He knocked me to the ground, climbing on top before I even had the chance to move. For a moment I struggled, but that just led to my chest heaving heavily as Cu rubbed against me. His lips and tongue moved around me, making the air go even thinner. "Do you really--" I was cut off by Cu's mouth on mine, kissing me as if he was trying to shove his tongue down my throat. A deep moan vibrated from me to him. My senses scrambled back to me as he drew away, licking his lips. I gasped, trying to continue my sentence. "D-do you really think this is the best time for this!?"

"Of course~" he purred. Cu's hand laced itself all the way up my shirt, gripping one of my pecs hard. My breath hitched. "When else would we do it?" Cu didn't explore with just one hand, but both. While one massaged my chest, the other one snuck its way down my pants, grabbing what it could. A low sound escaped my lips, and Cu chuckled darkly.

Suddenly his intoxicated face went completely sober. He pulled away, withdrawing both his hands as he scand our surroundings "Did you hear that?" He asked softly as I was still panting from his assault.

"Hear wh--" One of his hands clapped down on my mouth, while the other held a finger in front of his own. Cu's eyes were still pinned on the distance, stern and unwavering. Then I heard it; somewhat of a quiet growl.

A large furry beast flew out in the open as a large gray blur, tackling Cu off me. I shot to my feet in an instant, ready to help Cu, when a sharp pain struck my back. Flipping around was another large wolf like beast, sharp teeth gleaming through its snarl. Standing on its hind legs, it towered above me. Dripping from a massive arched claws in ruby beads was my blood. Its paw was up, ready to strike again. I muttered the words, and Kanshou fell into my hand, whistling through the air as I swiped at the beast. To my surprise, the monster caught the blade with its teeth, shards flying as it bit down hard. The creature moved at an inhumane speed, sending me flying backwards. A tree branch snapped off as my back hit it, pain blooming where it hit the gashes on my back. I fell to the ground, summoning my bow to send a rain of arrows on the terrorist, but the beast appeared to be as cunning as it was strong. Using the trees as cover, it blocked my arrows, quickly closing the distance between us. The monster zooming forward, I brought back my swords, meeting it. My weapons managed to bite into its flesh, tearing what it could open. The creature whimpered and howled in pain, drawing back. I took the opportunity to drive both of my blades into its chest, forcing the creature to collapse onto the ground, dead.