Caught

I paced the rooftop, waiting for Emiya to find me. It was the Holy Grail War after... In an anxious moment, I combed back a few stray blue hairs that had fallen, a shaky laugh exiting my chest, heart thrumming. What is this!? My nerves skipping around like I've never been in love!? Hmph... in love with Emiya. The whole idea still feels so twisted and odd, but undeniably true. To fall for my enemy? The universe sure does like to play games with me.

Finally able to contain my movements for a moment, I leaned against the door to the roof, staring off at the last light of the sunset. All these memories had been coming at random for a while now, and it wasn't till recently that I felt like I'd pieced it all together. Though, it wasn't the memories that made me fall for Emiya, no, before that.

All this time we fought each other, I connected to him, understood him, related to him, and that fact always bothered me. All this time I'd looked at Emiya as some abomination of a hero, and it took a while to see past that prejudice. In truth, I never even knew the half of it. Never even knew the tender care Emiya truly has, and is one more damn heroic than I could have imagined. It's not obvious, but it's there in the little things he does, and these memories simply reinforce it. He simply hides it all away behind a mask.

One particular memory popped up upon the topic. In an inn, Emiya is in bed with me, waking up crying. Closing my eyes, I grasped at the feeling of him in my arms, but it was like trying to grab on to a puff of smoke. In truth, these memories feel almost like dreams I wish were real, rather than my past. Yet the nostalgic truth of it all left me certain it was real.

More memories flooded into me, making the nervous movement respond within me. How will Emiya react to all this? Will he reciprocate my feelings? Will he even show up? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks I've lost my mind and avoids me from here on out. Hugging myself, I drummed my fingers against my arm. And why the hell did he get this reaction out of me!? I dreaded his arrival as much as I yearned for it.

A tingle on the back of my neck announced to me a servant was nearby. Armor instantly fabricating onto my body, I flipped around with Gae Bolg in hand. Emiya was there, dressed in casual black clothing, hands in his pockets. His face was utterly blank even when he spoke. "What? Did you invite me up here just to attack me?"

"No, sorry," I let Gae Bolg disappear and the armor turned back into the white tee I'd been wearing. "Just a little on edge is all. Had a run in with saber earlier.

"Mmm..." He hummed his understanding, walking closer to me. Honestly, it was hard for me not to bring that distance right back. "You said you wanted to talk. I'm all ears." He stood next to me casually, face still devoid of emotion. I practically confessed my feelings for this man the last time we spoke, and right now he looks like we're about to talk about nothing more than the weather. To be honest, I can't tell if he's just messing with me, indifferent, or is legitimately completely clueless as to what's going on here. It just threw me off even more.

"W-well--" I cleared my throat. "Like I'd mentioned, I've been having these memories, and it concerns you because, uh... you are in the memories."

"Yes you said that before," he took a step forward. "And what about these memories would you like to speak about?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. The sight of Emiya's soft eyes in the twilight was too distracting. Turning on the heel of my foot, I strode back over to the roof entrance to lean against the wall. "In the memories... well..." I kept my gaze focused on the horizon, and not Emiya. "We did things."

"What kind of things?" My eyes flicked to him. He'd reclosed the distance between us again, and I'd back myself up against a wall like an idiot. Emiya's expression was no longer blank. Now instead there was a quizzical gleam in his eyes.

"...Um-- well... you see..." I exhaled a deep breath. My head was running around nearly as fast as my heart was.

"That difficult to get out?" In my silence, Emiya took a few steps closer, leaving only about two feet of space between. "If you can't bring yourself to say it, then perhaps I could guess," he moved closer. "What things we did." That face was no longer blank now, in fact far from it. A sly smirk rested on Emiya's face. I never even had the time to think up a response when Emiya's warm calloused hand cupped my cheek. Emiya's kiss tasted even sweeter than the memories, and I was feeling the full force finally experiencing it. I melted against the wall, his hand moving to my waist to hold me steady. When he pulled away, it was too soon.

"Was I correct?"Forehead pressed to mine, a warm content smile was on his lips, one far more intoxicating than I could ever envision it in my memories. I'm not sure what reaction, exactly, that I gave him, but whatever it was, he seemed amused. I felt his chuckle as it rumbled through his chest. "What's the matter, Cu? You look like a scared puppy."

"No, just an overwhelmed puppy." Damn it! I can't believe I just compared myself to a dog!

Emiya laughed again, closing his eyes as he hugged me closer. I took a deep breath in, Emiya's scent mingled with the air. Hands that were currently hanging unsure at my sides found their place wrapped around Emiya. My heart began to cease it's racing, and I too closed my eyes, letting the moment sink in.

There, it was all coming back. Not the memories, just the feeling of holding Emiya against me, and knowing he was mine. I never realized how much I missed it until now, like an old heart ache I'd simply gotten used to, and now it was finally healing back up. Tears streamed down my face, and my grip on his shirt tightened.

"What's wrong, Cu?" Emiya nuzzled his forehead against mine.

I laughed. "The only thing that's wrong is you've stopped kissing me." Now it was I who pulled him in, pressing our lips together in a long hungry kiss. The fact that Emiya matched my energy just edged me on more. Tongues intertwining, I sucked the breath straight out of him. When we finally pulled away, the grin on my face felt permanent. "Damn, it feels good to kiss you again!"

"What? Have you missed my lips Cu Chulainn?"

"Yes, and you better never leave me waiting that long again."

"Oh, no need to be so dramatic. You survived."

"What? Are you planning to disappear from my life again?"

He shrugged playfully. "Maybe. Shall we see if your love for me can stretch over another hundred years."

"Ha! I'd lock you up before I ever let you leave again. I'm sick of chasing you. Besides, lucky for me, fate seems to be on my side." I moved my lips to his ear. "No matter how far you try to run, you're stuck with me forever, Emiya~" The man shuddered in my grasp, promoting my smirk.

"Seems fate's got me back up into a corner here."

I pulled away to see his face and shrugged. "You might as well accept it."

He eyed me thoughtfully. "Oh, I have accepted it Cu." My smile widened, and he continued on a different note, one much more devilish. "Now back to those memories... If I remember correctly kissing wasn't the only thing we did. Mind if I keep on guessing?" Emiya's hand slid down to tuck it's thum in the waistband of my pants.

"Well, I see no better way to spend the second night of this Holy Grail War." Looping my arms around his neck, I tilted my chin up invitingly. "My memory seems to be a little foggy. Want to show me in full detail exactly what we did?"

Emiya growled with a hungry grin, grasping me firmly in his arms. My heart pattered as he spoke the words, "Of course, My Love." Then his lips caressed mine far gentler than I thought they would.

Long ago, besides a church, I'd placed a claim on his heart. It wasn't till now that I finally managed to catch it.