𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

4 years ago...

"How many times do you want me to say I'm sorry?!"

Frost and fire. Blade upon blade. A figure was pinned to the ground in the driving rain.

"Sorry won't bring my father back!" A pair of crimson eyes glared with anger... and pain.

He raised his claymore for a strike. The figure under him rolled out of the way, sending a blast of ice in his direction.

The red haired boy dodged with ease. "Not so used to your vision yet, are you, Kaeya?"

Kaeya hissed in annoyance. "I don't want to fight you Diluc!"

"It's a bit late for that now." Diluc infused his sword with flame, swinging it in Kaeya's direction. 

* * *

Steps echoed as a masked man walked in to a room covered in frost and shattered ice. Skirmishers lay on the ground, crackling with electricity. 

He calmly strode over to the last living Cryo Legionnaire, who was seemingly having a seizure.

"How interesting," He stopped and brought himself to the other Fatui's level. "That she could hide her vision long enough to practice using it."

He struck a cold, delusional smile.

"Is this how you fools do your jobs?!" He growled, reaching out his hand to strangle the Skirmisher.

"I- I'm sorry... sir!" The lack of oxygen clearly wasn't doing any wonders to his weakened state. "I... I'll get her back!"

"Will you now?" He scoffed. "Forget it."

"B-but sir!" The Legionnaire coughed. "We spent so much time breaking her in."

"And did it work? Tsk. Useless." He said, standing and giving the Skirmisher a violent push.

"Please Dottore! I'm sure I can- can get her back. Just... give me a chance!"

"A chance? I'm already giving you a chance." Dottore grinned. He leaned in, "But the next time you call me by that name, I assure you...."

"You won't just end up fried and shattered."

A/N: This is my first book, so it might not be the best. Updates probably won't be regular, and I might pause for a while if I run out of ideas. I bet nobody is going to see this lol 😂 but, enjoy!