ℂ𝟞

"Mmmm, observant type." You smirked, leaning your head on your palm. "I like that."

"There's just one thing you missed." You said, fiddling with a lock of your hair. "Oh?" The blue haired knight mimicked your gesture. "And what might that be?" 

Your lips twitched as they curved into a smile. "I'm not the only one with a secret." 

"I wonder, where will your loyalties lie?"

You gazed into his eye. If he was shocked, he didn't show it. Sitting back again, you crossed your arms. "Anything else?"

He laughed. "Relax, I won't press you for more. Everyone has their secrets, right?" I knew it. You smiled, standing. "Then I think we're done here. Let's go. I'm curious to see how admirable I am." With that, you strode out the door.

~

Her words sent him reeling. Where will your loyalties lie?  Her eyes were unnerving. Piercing, and sharp as slits. Eyes. His hand involuntarily flew up to his right eye. How amusing.

"This is going to be fun."

* * *

Walking down the corridor, you felt strangely satisfied. It took him 48 seconds to come out of the office. Meaning he had to think. Sometimes, hesitation can tell you a lot.

You stopped in front of a lustrous, wooden door, nothing different from the others. The knight knocked, once, twice, three times. "Come in!" A feminine voice called from inside. "Who's here?" Another voice asked.

You entered with the knight, greeted by three people. To your left, a mage clad in purple with a book in her hand. There was an electro vision around her neck. "Hey, cutie." She said. You smiled. Electro was a dangerous element, used only by the best.

On your right, a young girl wearing a mix of red and brown. No doubt the second voice you heard. A pyro vision dangled from her waist, where most people put it. "Welcome to Mondstadt, traveler!" You decided not to unscrew your smile just yet.

And front and center was a woman with the color scheme green and blue, with white leggings. You couldn't see a vision on her, but it didn't mean she didn't have one. It was strange how you noticed all these details, yet, you never closely examined the man beside you. Adrenaline has its downsides.

"Ah, welcome to Mondstadt, as my outrider has already mentioned." You gave her a polite nod. "I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa, our librarian, and Outrider Amber." She said, gesturing to each one of them in turn. "And, I assume you've met our Cavalry Captain, Kaeya?"

You glanced at him, chuckling. "Why of course, we've met." Jean was oblivious to the sarcasm in your voice. "Well, uh..." "L/N" You supplied. Jean nodded. "L/N, you've arrived at an unfortunate time, I'm afraid. Our next course of action must be carefully planned if we're going to-"

"We?" You interrupted.

"Well of course! It's been a while since we had someone of your skills to help us-"

"Help you?  What makes you think I'd do that?" You said breezily.

"You saved Mondstadt! Doesn't- Doesn't that mean anything to you?" Amber asked. You brushed it off. "I was just passing through. The dragon got in the way. I drove it off to suit my own needs."

"Such as getting yourself out of trouble?" Kaeya interjected.

You turned to him. "Why? Did you really think I'm someone with a heart of gold? Tsk. You're a poor judge of character." You ran your hand through your hair, finding the flower, and tossing it on the ground. "We're even. Sort out your own problems."

You brushed past him, making your way to the door when he called, "I suppose you wouldn't mind spending the rest of your days in Mondstadt Prison."

You stopped. "For what?"

"Misdemeanor, assault, and endangering the citizens."

That didn't click. "Endangering?" You turned. "She said it herself," You said, glancing at Amber. "I saved Mondstadt." "Well, just passing through won't count." He smirked. This was getting irritating. 

You whipped around, your fingers grazing the door handle. "Uh uh~" You felt the metal start to freeze. Yanking your hand away, you rubbed it, grateful that you didn't release a burst of electricity. "There are plenty of guards out there, just a word, and you'll be in chains. Who knows how much worse it'll get when I find out about you~"

Sighing, you glared at him. He gave you a look of plain innocence. Jean cleared her throat. "Right, you'll be helping us clear the Four Winds' Temples, as they are the source of Stormterror's power. Amber will help you with the first one, Kaeya, the second, and Lisa, the third." She looked at you, wondering if you had any more objections.

You raised your head. "I work alone." "Actually, sweetie, we are the ones that will be needing help. I am, of course, a bit rusty, cataloging books all day." Lisa shot a pointed look at Jean. She sure had a way with words.

You pursed your lips, wishing you knew how much trouble this would have been.

"...Fine." 

You were about to grab the door handle, but not before sneaking a side glance at Kaeya. He didn't look at you, so you turned it. To your relief, it wasn't cold anymore.

"Wait." It was Jean's voice. You peered at her over your shoulder. "I'll have Amber escort you to the Cathedral to get patched up." You looked down at your clothes. "Oh, don't worry." You said coldly.

"It's not mine."