ℂ𝟙𝟚

"P-please Scrooge-"

"Did you really think you could wash your hands clean?"

He strode closer to the woman on her knees, making her tumble back with wide, teary eyes. She gulped, blinking back tears. Her hands fumbled with a small pouch tied to her waist, opening it, she revealed a couple meals worth of mora.

"I have... t-this..."

The ragtag bandits behind snickered, while Scrooge barked a laugh. "Do you think that's enough? I know you have millions worth in treasure, Jilliana... at your Cathedral, yes?" Jilliana opened her mouth to protest, but she was promptly shushed. "Think about your family. Your husband, your daughter? If you're smart, you'll get us that treasure. Or else..."

"Or else?" You clicked your tongue. "So cliché..." The bandits started, diverting their gaze to the stranger in their midst. As of now, their attention was focused on you and you alone. Let's have a show. You circled closer, making sure to let them get a good look at the vision around your waist. Coming up behind Jilliana, you paused, giving them a confident smile.

"Now, if that's all, I'll be taking this one with me." You gently placed your hand on her shoulder and helped her stand, but your fluid movements were interrupted by a knife at your throat. Jilliana stumbled back, forcing you to let go, but this was more of a game than anything. And the glint in your eyes wanted to further it.

"Is this the path you wanna take?" You turned, stepping closer to Scrooge, a feeling of euphoria washing over you as you basked in his reaction. "Then by all means," You loved this feeling, the ability to create chaos without even trying. A charismatic threat, if you will. "Try me."

The short dagger slid out of his grasp as he fell to the ground. That seemed to be provocative to the others. The gravedigger charged you first, shovel in hand, looking incredibly stupid. He raised it for a strike, conveniently exposing his abdomen.

You felt a surge of power as you coated your hand in electricity, felling the bandit with a punch to the gut. A man wielding dual knives came at you, while a potioneer took aim from your left. You stood still for a split second, before dodging out of the way, the potion's target becoming the knifeman instead. He screamed while the potioneer stared in horror. Effectively letting you take him out with a fist.

The rest of the treasure hoarders attacked all at once. Haven't learned, hmm? The wave was down within sheer seconds. They were doubled over in pain, or just completely knocked out. Either way, it was out of your hands now. The only thing left was...

"Thank you..." Jilliana's voice came from behind. You turned. She was fidgeting with her mora pouch again. You smiled tenderly in response. "I don't need mora." That was a lie. You did need it. Desperately. But a mere couple of mora wasn't what you planned to be taking.

"Please, there must be some way I can repay you."

Oh, how naive.

* * *

"I- I really must get approval from the Seneschal before-"

"You mentioned the Seneschal wasn't here."

The Holy Lyre der Himmel. It was right in front of you. Though, you couldn't call it a sight to see. Mahogany rosewood, complimented by pearly wind-like patterns. How quaint. What could possibly be so revered about this glorified piece of wood? Nevertheless...

You smiled softly. "I promise, it will be returned." You wouldn't necessarily say in good condition, as you had no idea what Venti would be doing with it. Then again, he was the original owner of this certain lyre. A weapon is only as good as its owner, and an instrument would be the same.

"If anything happens," You held out your hand, Jilliana seemed to trust you enough to place the lyre in your care. "Deny everything, and tell those Knights it was I who stole it." Jilliana nodded hesitantly, as you waved your free hand, the relic disappearing in a flurry of gold sparkles. You had no idea how it worked, some sort of subspace for Vision holders' convenience?

With a nod of appreciation to Jilliana, you turned to leave, though your path was blocked by a certain one eyed man.

"L/N." Kaeya raised an eyebrow, though it quickly morphed into a cool smile. "Fancy seeing you here again." Whether it was a coincidence or not, Kaeya couldn't tell. He stole a glance behind you, quickly turning his attention back to you, though the action didn't go unnoticed. You inwardly smiled, knowing what he was about to ask.

"I see you've met Jilliana. Any particular business you have with her?" He stared into your eyes with his single one, the unusual star-like pupil making his eye all the more striking. "Perhaps," Kaeya paused, as if to gauge your reaction. "In regards to an entire band of Treasure Hoarders found on the floor in the woods?"

"Relax," You breathed, your mouth twitching into a smile, nonchalantly looking into his one starred eye.

"I'm only here to collect a debt."

A/N: Me-disappears because life
Suddenly everyone else-starts blowing up notifications
I am both equally surprised and terrified because that means I need to get over my writer's block and hurry up with this book- which is not easy because now I want to write another book. 😓Here's your chapter guys! Acts like it totally didn't take like 9 months of incompleted drafting-