ℂ𝟙𝟘

Kaeya entered the cathedral, scoping out the main floor for a certain sister. Thanks to the intelligence data of his informant, Vile, he'd already figured out about the Treasure Hoarder's previous dealings with Jilliana.

By now it was already night, though the church was surprisingly empty. Even the Fatui who usually stood by the doors was absent. How odd. He strode across the polished marble floors, making his way up the stairs to the infirmary.

Lightly pushing the door open, the nuns inside were in a frenzy, gathering bandages and herbs from every cabinet. A young girl was kneeling beside a bed with a hydro vision in her hands. The injured was a boy clad in green, with multiple wounds seeping through the fabric. He looked to the side blearily, sighting him. An expression of shock was etched on his face, but it quickly turned to a grimace.

He leaned against the doorway. It took a while for anyone else to notice him, but Kaeya could see that Jilliana wasn't there. The hydro user was the first to look up. "Sir Kaeya!" She greeted. She stood. Making her way over to him, another nun took her place by the bedside.

"I see you're quite busy, Barbara."

Barbara gave him a fatigued smile. She was always one to overdo herself. Just like her sister.

"Yes, well..... do you need something from me?"

He put on a smile, one that he used every day. "Have you seen Jilliana around?" Barbara hung her head. "I haven't really noticed, sorry." He laughed lightly, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Don't push yourself too hard." He turned to leave as she scurried back into the room.

Heading back downstairs, he noticed a new, yet familiar figure loitering around the entrance of the basement. She skimmed her fingers over the surface of the stone, looking for entrance?

"L/N?"

She froze. Tilting her gaze upwards, she met his stare. Her clothes were drenched crimson. You'd think the rain would've washed it off. After a short pause, she smiled. "I didn't expect to see you here, pretty boy."

She sauntered over to the railing, boots clacking on the stone floor. Casually leaning over it, she cupped her cheek in her palm. "Would you say the same for me?" Kaeya clicked his tongue. "That depends." He folded his arms over the railing. "You wouldn't be wounded. Killed anyone, perchance?" His question was met with a cold laugh.

"Not yet. Might as well finish the job though, no?" She circled around the banister, holding his stare. 

Something seemed to catch her eye, as they dropped to the floor beside her. He followed her gaze, a dark, circular patch was spreading along the marble. She summoned her blade, holding it at the ready. It was clear she would kill whoever emerged without a second thought. Without hesitation, he grabbed her hand, dragging her behind the nearest pillar.

"Wh-"

Kaeya clamped his hand over her mouth to silence her. There was no better way to gain information than to eavesdrop. At least, it was the easiest way.

It didn't take long for them to start speaking. It was a man's and a woman's voice, though they were slightly distorted. Fatui.

"We really should thank Viktor later."

"Yeah, later. Let's get it and go."

Scrambling.

"It's locked. Got any tools?"

"Oh please."

Crackling.

The lights in the cathedral flickered and went dark. There was a soft, but audible gasp from L/N, followed by whisper yelling.

"What the hell did you do?! You short circuited the entire building!"

There was some commotion upstairs, no doubt from the church sisters in the infirmary.

"Let's get out of here. You're the one who is going to explain how you fucked up."

Silence.

None of them dared to make a move until the lights came on again. L/N craned her head, looking for signs of their presence. Finding none, she broke free of his grasp. Kaeya in turn pushed himself off the pillar he was leaning on.

"Wasn't that interesting? And you would've killed them otherwise." He smirked. L/N scoffed. "It's a shame you aren't a spy," His breath hitched. "You seem to be well versed in reconnaissance." He deflected her comment with a confident, almost cocky smile. "That's why I'm one of the best."

She nodded and left without another word.

Kaeya leaned back against the pillar, a thoughtful expression on his face. "So it is true." He smiled to himself. "Beauty is dangerous, but intelligence..."

"Is deadly."