102: Uranium

"AND THEN-" Bee screamed-or beeped- into the floor. "And then! We- we-we." He stuttered as Optimus picked him up, "CHEESE!" He shrieked happily, "It's the yellow stuff, with holes!" He said in absolute awe.

"Really?" Optimus asked as he lead him to the medbay.

Oh Primus. Egg muttered as he almost stepped on one of the chicks as they waddled to Trion. I noticed the humans weren't here.

"Yea! Wait..." He paused and looked up at Optimus in wide optics. "Can you- Can you do the noise?" Bee asked cutely.

Optimus started at him blankly before he figured out what he meant. "HONK!" His frame let off and Bee dissolved in a fit of giggles, crashing to the floor.

He fell into recharge and Ratchet helped Optimus carry him to the berth.

A snicker caught my attention, I turned and there was Smokescreen. "I got it all on video!" He whisper shouted excitedly as he waved a datapad.

"Nice." I said and walked over to the replay. "Why'd he have some anyway?" I asked.

"HMM?" Smoke asked, "Oh! I found some of this really high concentration energon and offered it to him." Smoke nodded gleefully.

"This violates the Autobot code." Magnus said, coming from nowhere.

"Sir!" Smokescreen jumped, "I um..." He nudged me in the side for assistance.

"Never read that code." I shrugged.

"You violated section seventeen-"

"Which is punishable by death?" I asked.

"No-"

"Then you're fine." I patted Smoke on the back and headed over to the chickens.

"Where is Copper?" Alphy asked as I sat down next to him.

"With Predaking." I said as the chicks raced up our peds.

"The Predacon?" He asked as Magnus started to raise his voice at Smoke.

"Yup, I thought you already knew this?" I asked.

"Oh I did, but Ratchet says..." He paused and petted a chick with a single digit.

"You forgot huh?" I asked.

"Well if I didn't, I would have remembered." Alpha Trion said wisely, "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Orion said you were purging." He pointed out and offered me some energon.

"Thanks." I murmured and took it, "Yea, every now and then. And his name's Optimus."

"Who's name?" He asked.

"Orion's name is Optimus." I told him, "RATCHET?" I yelled for him.

"WHAT?" He yelled from the medbay.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?" I asked.

He stuck his helm out of the medbay, "Memory fatigue, he's had it all day, it's just temporary." He shrugged.

"Oh." I said and looked back at Alphy, "Lost your marbles have ya?" I asked jokingly.

"I don't believe I have marbles." He noted.

I snorted while the chicks looked up at him in concern. "Where's Copper?" He started and Egg let out a snort.

"With Predaking." I rolled my optics in amusement.

"The Predacon?" He asked and blinked.

"Yup, breathes fire like the chicks." I said and pointed at the beings who were looking up at him longingly.

"Oh!" He exclaimed happily and started entertaining them.

I looked around and spotted Arcee watching me, as if I was gonna stab him to death. And Wheeljack was watching her, casting the occasional glance to Magnus and Smokescreen.

I waved happily and she narrowed her optics before ducking away.

Egg came from the medbay and looked pissed. What's wrong?

Ratchet refused to give me some uranium. Egg seethed and angrily sat down next to my ped.

Why'd you want some?

I need a energy boast. She grumbled and slumped over.

What does Uranium do again?

Makes you high. She said and rolled on her back, waving her wings.

Sounds better that high grade. How do you know what it does and I don't?

Shockwave drugged me every now and then. She grumbled.

I'll help you get it if I get some. I offered and she nodded eagerly. I'll distract. I told her and got up.

Oh goodie! Egg giggled giddily as she waddled behind a crate.

I walked into the medbay and spotted Optimus and Ratchet chatting. "Saw something weird outside." I told 'em and they raised a optic ridge.

"What is it?" Op asked.

"No idea." I shrugged.

"What does it look like?" Ratchet asked.

I shrugged and they looked at me funny. "Hard to explain." I shrugged, adding some bullshit to the list. "Just come look." I grumbled and led them outside.

They followed and Egg snuck in. We made it outside and they looked around.

"There's nothing." Ratchet grumbled and Op looked at me in question.

"You can't see it?" I bullshitted.

"See what?" He asked and Op looked around.

"You must need glasses." I muttered.

"My vision is as sharp as ever!" Ratchet argued but squinted.

"I don't see anything." Optimus stated.

"Then you're blind too, it's right there!" I argued and pointed no were in particular.

"You're drunk." Optimus muttered.

"I am not!" I argued and peeked in, Egg was swallowing whole chunks of uranium. "I'm just distracting you so Egg can get some Uranium."

Ratchet instantly scrambled inside and Optimus stared after confused. "Uranium?"

"Makes you high." I shrugged and followed Ratchet inside.

"High?" Optimus asked and spotted Egg in Ratchet's grasp. "She didn't grow." Optimus stated confused.

I looked Egg in her very enlarged optics and snorted, she carried a dreamy yet psychotic look.

I see mushrooms! She drawled over the spark-bond and sloped over.

"She sees mushrooms." I told Ratchet as he looked downright worried.

"It's to late for this." He said and picked her up with one servo as the chicks raced over. While Ratchet took Egg to the medbay my spark lurched into pain.

I grabbed onto Optimus to stay standing.

"No need to be so dramatic," He grumbled, "She'll be fine." I snorted and got out my flask, accidently slopping some over Optimus with my shaky servos. "Huh?" He looked down and grew worried.

"Some f-f-f-ragging high grade w-w-w-would do s-s-some good right n-now." I shivered as I devoured the contents of the flask.

"I doubt it." Optimus said as he helped me over to a berth.