103: Silence

Since my spark failure ended, I had been dead silent. My damn voice box wasn't giving out a squeak.

"There's no need the sulk, she's fine." Ratchet grumbled as I frowned.

I narrowed my optics at him.

"He had a spark failure." Optimus told him and Ratch rolled his optics.

Then I got a call. Naturally, like the great bot I am, I picked up.

"Yup?" I asked without letting out a squeak, Optimus frowned.

I pointed to my com, at the side of my helm. He scrunched up his faceplate in mild worry.

"Hello?" Meg asked.

"Can't speak." I tried to say but nothing came out.

"I can't derma read." Optimus said, "Is your voice box not working?" He asked.

I nodded and he looked around for Ratchet.

"Hello?" Meg tried again, "I can't feel you in the spark bond." He started.

I signed to Optimus, pointing at myself, the chicks and flapped my arms.

"You need to fly off?" He asked.

I nodded and took the half conscious cyber chicken and the chicks.

You're huge! Egg giggled as I stuffed her in.

"Well?" Megatron asked, getting agitated as Egg continued to giggle. "Do you need a ground bridge?" Meg asked and set of alarms in my helm. I frantically waved goodbye and raced out of the base.

"Dramatic much." Smokescreen muttered and I transformed and took off.

Then a ground bridge popped up and led me into a wall. You're a sloppy flyer. Egg drawled as I transformed and messaged the dents out of my plating.

Heavy ped steps alerted me of someone else. I looked up from my stop on the floor and met my brother's crimson optics. "Did you have a spark failure?" He asked, rather pissed.

I nodded and got up clumsily.

"And where were you?" He asked.

"None of your business." I squeaked mutely, leaving him to raise his ridges in confusion.

"You can't speak?" He asked, I crossed my arms in irritation, "Thank Primus."

I slapped him as he opened another ground bridge and dragged me through with him. I looked at him confused.

"It's just a mine and you'll be patrolling around it." Megatron said.

I shook my helm and got ready to argue, but remembered I couldn't so I walked back through to the Nemesis.

"Or you could go to the medbay." Megatron started as he followed, "You haven't been feeling your best according to Breakdown." He added as he followed me to my berthroom. Since when was he this clingy? And talkative?

Was he doing this to piss me off?

I got to my berthroom and let out the chickens. Gold skipped over to him and hugged his ped as Egg tried walking with her helm on the floor.

"What is wrong with her?" Meg asked as he nudged Gold away.

"Uranium." I tried to mouth clearly.

Megatron looked confused, "Come again." He requested and I did so. "You are a bum?" He guessed.

I paused and nodded.

"I am not and that does not answer my question." Megatron said so I wrote down Uranium's atomic number.

The gears took a while to spin in Megs processor but then nodded in realization. "I'm not dealing with this scrap, and Knockout wants to see you." Meg said as he headed off.

Gold looked at him longingly then snuggled into Egg's side with Zinc and fell into recharge. Egg started at the wall, clearly going bonkers.

So I decided I would get some recharge, it was late anyway.

-

-

And when I woke up, it was already 9 in the morning. I looked around for the chicks and spotted them running around a rather hung over carrier.

"Was it worth it?" I asked as I swung my legs over the berth, glad I could speak.

Egg grinned with a smirk and gagged, Yup.

"Great, well, we should go pick up Copper and deal with the clones." I said and picked up the loopy Chicken, "Don't purge in me." I told her as I got some energon for the chicks.

I already emptied my whole contents in your bin. Egg said and I put her in my subspace and watched the chicks drink.

Due to the chicks wanting to leave, they drunk as little energon, as fast as possible and bounced into my subspace. And we headed for the flight deck.

During our flight to the lab, Egg was dry heaving. They chicks and I were constantly paranoid that it may not be dry heaving any longer and were tortured the whole trip.

I landed in front of the cave and hastily let the chickens out.

Oh the fresh air. Egg drawled as she flopped over as ped steps came from the cave. Predaking and Copper emerged, the chick wearing a custom crown.

"What did you guys get up to?" I asked as I picked Egg up.

"We made a kingdom of rocks and played make believe." Predaking stated, "I think it went rather well, considering that I can't understand a word he was saying." He added, nodding to the chicken. "And you smell of Autobots and..." He looked down at Egg, "Uranium."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said and headed into the cave with the chickens, "Don't tell Megatron." I added.

"Mmm hmm." Predaking hummed as he followed. We made it to the lad and eagerly read through the datapad.

Then we proceeded to fill the tanks with yellow liquid stuff. I took a hesitant look at the two dishes, which held two, very small, Predacon embryos.

"We need to be careful, they look very fragile." Predaking stated intelligently.

I pored one into one tank and the other into the other. "They seem fine." I shrugged as Predaking looked horrified. But the little wiggles they made showed that they were still alive. "And they'll be ready in four weeks." I said with a grin as the chickens paraded.