Sweet Dreams ☆ (Carl)

The song I am recommending with this chapter is So Cold by Ben Clocks.

Darkness. Silence. Numb. That is the only thing you feel. What is the point of living in this world? Fleading everyday. Fighting everyday. Trying to get food every single day. One night you have had enough. (Maggie and Beth are your sisters)

I walk downstairs and outside, to the dining area. When I approach I see Maggie waiting for me. "You're late." She says with a smile. "Yeah I'm sorry. I've had some things on my.. my mind lately." Maggies expression turns from happy too concerned. "Are you okay?" I smile at her. My answer will probably surprise you. I am fine. Good, even. Because I know it will all be over soon. Tonight I am going to do it.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Her face shows relieve. "Good" She says as she pats on the chair next to her. "Let's get started with the carrots then".

When we finished cutting all the vegetables I helped Carol prepare the soup. "Come on everybody! Dinner is ready!" Carol shouts across the fields and guard towers. I sit down next to Carl.

"Hi." He says. "Hey.." I smile awkwardly. We have been really good friends since I came here a year ago. As the soup is getting poured into our bowls be continue our talk.

"So how are you doing? You have been a bit quiet lately". He looks at me with a serious face. "Yeah I have just been a bit tired lately but it's a lot better now, don't worry." I give him a weak smile before we picked up our spoons and ate.

After dinner I quickly did the dishes with Carl and Beth. "Are you sure you are okay? I'm at the fence if you need me." "Yes I am fine." I smile at him. That was the last time I would see him. When Carl is gone I turn to Beth. "I'm going to my cell and finish my book." I say as I walk out.

When I have finished my book after about 20 minutes I lay down. That is when I started to think about life and everything that has happened to me, my family and my friends. A tear rolls from my cheek. It is not long before I can see my family again.

I bent down and reach underneath my bed. When I feel the cold material against my palm I relieve a sigh. I take the pistol and sit down on my bed. It is al going to be okay.

CARLS POV:

Luckily I just finished fence duty. I wonder what is going on with (Y/N). Tonight is the night. I smile at the thought of it. I am finally going to tell her how I really feel.

As I open the door to the prison a loud gun shot sounds. Everyone panics and looks outside. No one is at the fence. Besides, it sounded like it came from inside.

Everyone gathered in the main hall. Rick quickly took charge. "Is everybody here?" I look around and notice (Y/N) isn't here. Before I can say anything Beth already does. "(Y/N) is still in her room finishing her book. I'll go get her."

A loud scream fills the air. Before I can think I run to (Y/N)s cell and see Beth standing in front of it with tears in her eyes.
I peek around the corner and there she is. Laying in her bed. Blood on the wall. Gun in her hand.

There is a note on the ground. "I'm so sorry." I break down in tears. I have never got the chance to tell her how I feel. Everyone is gathered in front of her cell now, and Maggie is crying really loud. I should have known she felt that way.