Unwanted Incident - Part 2

Your POV

TWO MONTHS LATER

I'm sitting in Carls' room reading comic books. He woke up about 7 weeks ago and things couldn't be better. I haven't seen him with Enid anymore, and he is also getting better physically. 

''What are you thinking about?'' Carl suddenly asks. I just shake my head. ''Nothing''. And I smile a little at him. Then we hear a weird stumble, coming from the hall. I look at Carl. ''Stay here.'' He says as he takes out his gun and stands up. I - ofcourse - begin to follow him. '''Who is that?'' Carl whispers to me as he points at a guy sitting on the steps. He has long hair, and a beard. ''No idea.'' I reply to him. Carl starts walking towards him, and aimes the gun at his head.

 ''What are you doing in our house?'' He asks. ''I'm waiting for your parents to get dressed. I'm Jesus.'' I look at Carl confused. He replies with the same look. Then Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie and Daryl come in at the same time, all holding a gun. Rick doesn't have a shirt on. He and Michonne were coming from the bedroom. Does this mean what I think it does? 

A little while later we're all sitting around the table, listening to Jesus. He tells us about his community and how they trade with other communities. The group decides to visit the community today. 

When we are all outside and everybody is loading in the truck, Rick walks up to me and Carl. ''Listen Carl, I wanted to tell you about me and Michonne but.. it just happened. It JUST happened.'' After a short silence he continues. ''This is all new to me.'' And he laughs quietly. Carl smiles. ''It's cool dad.'' Rick returns the smile. ''Pack your things. Gabriel can take care of Judith today.'' Rick says. ''No, I'm not coming.'' Carl replies as he takes Judith. ''A kid with a messed up face wouldn't really make a good first impression.'' He laughs. Rick nods and turns to me. ''(Y/N)?'' ''No thank you sir, I think I'm going to help Carl take care of Judith today.'' Rick nods again and walks away. 

About half an hour later I'm walking on the street next to Carl, holding little Judith. ''You didn't have to you know.'' I look at Carl confused. ''Help me take care of Judith.'' He continues. ''She isn't that big of a burden.'' He says as he laughs. I smile. ''Yes I know. But I just want to spend more time with you.'' Suddenly he stands still. ''(Y/N)?'' ''Yeah?'' ''I know you don't like the thought of it, but would you mind if I'd go over the wall with Enid?'' Ofcourse I don't like the thought of it. I didn't go because I wanted to spend time with you, and you go hang out with enid? 

''No, I wouldn't mind.'' I don't want him to think I'm like an obsessed girlfriend. Carls' face clears up. ''Wow, I didn't expect that. You won't regret it.'' He says as he kisses my forehead and walks away. 

As soon as he has turned the corner of the street, I turn around heading for the church. I knock on the door and Gabriel opens. ''Hey (Y/N)'' ''Hi'' I say as I give him a weak smile. ''Would you mind taking care of Judith for a while? I have to go do something.'' ''No, ofcourse I wouldn't mind. Judith is a delight to have.'' I laugh as I hand her over to him. ''Thank you so much.'' I say as I walk away. 

I'm not going to lie, following my boyfriend is maybe not the best idea. But hey, I think I have the right to, don't I? They haven't really done anything special yet. They're just reading some comics in the woods. Suddenly Enid gets up. ''I don't want to come here anymore.'' Carl doesn't even look at her. He stands up and starts walking away. Enid walks after him. A few minutes later, I see a walker. It's also noticed by Carl and Enid because they start walking towards it. Carl whistles and it comes in their direction. It can't be.. It's Deanna. 

''No.'' Enid says. Carl looks wide eyed at the walker coming their way. ''Hey. Come on.'' Carl shouts at it. ''What are you doing?'' Enid asks. ''Just go.'' Carl hisses at her. ''We should kill it.'' ''Go home.'' ''No.'' ''Enid.'' ''This is bullshit, it should be dead.'' She says as she starts walking towards the walker. Carl grabs her arm. ''Let go.'' Enid shouts. ''Just leave!'' 

Suddenly, the walker - Deanna - dives at Enid, and Carl pushes it to the ground. ''We're not killing it.'' Carl says. ''What the hell is wrong with you?'' ''You wouldn't understand.'' Carl says with a sad tone in his voice. ''You don't want to be out here. You said it. So go home.'' Enid rolls her eyes, and starts running home. Carl is left standing there on his own. 

A couple of hours later

As I approach Carls' house, I see him sitting on the porch with Judith on his lap. ''Hey.'' I say. ''Hey.'' ''Did you have a good day?'' I ask him. ''I guess so. I'm taking her in.'' He says and he stands up. ''Carl.'' I say and he stops walking. A short silence follows. ''I saw what you did. With Deanna.'' He just stares at me. ''Have you been following me?'' ''That's not the point Carl. You should have left her, or killed her.'' He goes to stand in front of me. ''No. That's stupid.'' ''What is stupid, is you being out there while you don't have to.'' ''You did the same thing. You didn't have to go out there but you did.'' I don't know how to reply to that. After a little while he sighs. ''I couldn't kill her.'' ''Why not?'' I ask. ''Because..'' He sighs again. ''You could've killed her.'' ''I couldn't.. I.. I wouldn't.'' He stutters. ''Do you think it is some sort of game out there? Did you think that-'' ''No!'' ''Then why?'' 

''Because it should be someone who loved her, someone who is family and I.. I'd do it for you.'' 

That's when I knew what was going on. It's about his mom. He was the one who killed her. He was the one who ended her life, and he loved her. That's why he thinks the person that kills Deanna, should've loved her.

I look at him surprised. ''I would.'' We just stare at each other. ''Come here.'' I tell him and we hug each other. Then we pull away and he kisses me.

I'm just following the plot from the show here lmao sorry if you haven't seen last episode yet. 

Thoughts?