stand down

"What decree?" Hifumi kept his staff down. Naruto was curious it was normal, this way. He could know the truth about himself, rather than being oblivious to why the villages hated him.

Why Hifumi cared so deeply for the small baby twelve years ago.

Mizuki smirked seeing Naruto take the bait. "Everyone knows except you, Iruka's even trying to hide it from you now," Hifumi gripped the staff tighter. 'He needs to know. He needs to know.' He whispered to himself trying to hold back to cover Naruto's ears. "He'd do anything to shut me up." Naruto stared up at the evil sensei. "Why does everyone know about it?"

Iruka's shouts were heard but his eyes snapped over to a familiar-looking kimono. 'Hifumi!? Why isn't he stopping them?!' His mind went to him being a traitor.  "The decree is that no one can tell you that the nine-tailed fox is inside of you!" He sneered at the kid.

He kept feeding Naruto words. Naruto's stared in disbelief. Mizuki chuckled. "Even that outsider," he spat out angrily. "He knew. You were only an assignment to him." Iruka's eyes widened. "The Hokage ordered him to keep you in check. Though, it seems even he is trying to destroy the village if he isn't even going to keep you locked up."

Naruto screamed in disbelief soon his chakra flowed around his wildly. "No, no, no, no!" He screamed. Mizuki rose one if his kunai stars aiming for Naruto. Hifumi raised his staff ready to jump but Iruka had beaten him to it. He shut his eyes as he heard Iruka speak.

"I shouldn't be here." He muttered sadly as he shook. Iruka was much more suited to raise Naruto. It was a bitter feeling.

Iruka poured his heart out to Naruto, his parents dying, how he felt alone and invisible to everyone around him u til he became just like Naruto. A class clown wanting attention, even if it wasn't a good one it was enough for the both of them. The hardship that they had to endure it.

"I know that's how you feel, Naruto. You feel lonely and it hurts inside, I could have been there for you more." Tears dripped down his face. "Even Hifumi," the said teen flinched at his name. "When he came to the village, no one treated him with respect even when he was openly adopted by the Hokage." Blood dripped down his face. "That small boy... He looked different and had so many scars."

Hifumi shook from behind the bush. "You both... I let you down. Even when he did attend I turned a blind eye to it all. I did it to both of you... And for that, I am so sorry." Mizuki laughed bitterly. "Don't make me laugh! Iruka always hated you! The nine tailed fox kill his parents!" Naruto gasped. "He's say anything to get the scroll from you!" Naruto quickly dashed away.

Iruka glared at Mizuki who insulted Naruto about being a beast. The two chased the boy, Hifumi quickly dashed after them but a pearl stopped him. "Pa- Hokage?" Hokage looked saddened. "My son, please. Stay behind. Iruka can handle it." Hifumi grit his teeth. "Naru, I can't stand and watch. Please." He whispered desperately. "Go and watch. This is an order, do not interfere or I will take away your rights as guardian."

Hifumi took a deep breath before running after the two. His eyes widened seeing the many clones if Naruto. His face slowly turn red. "Adorable." He whispered seeing the familiar smile. "I hate this... I didn't mean for him to grow up this much."

"Be proud, my son." The pearl shined brightly. "You raised the boy well." Hifumi's eyes watered as he felt his tears fall from his face. "Uh huh... I guess I did." He whispered out trying to his himself from crying. A chuckle was heard. "Come now, you must not get caught by the two." Hifumi nodded before jumping away.

"Iruka, there's something bothering me." Naruto spoke softly as they broke apart from the hug. "What's that?" Naruto frowned. "Was I really assigned to Hifumi?" Iruka sighed before ruffling the spiky hair. "No, if I remember correctly,"