prologue iii

↵ 〉〉〉"Ichi Ni San"

"Mama! What about papa?! Big sister and big brother?!" The young boy shouted in worry as he tried to get free from his mother's arms. Tears and fear filled his eyes as he saw his mother flinch at how aware the boy was.

"Hifumi! Listen to me!" Tears fell down his face as he turns to look at his mother's scared expression. "I know you're scared, they are too but we don't need them worrying over us right now! The village is under attack, we need to hide so they can fight without worry and come back sooner, okay?"

Hifumi whimpered as he nodded, she quickly picked up her child and ran to the emergency tunnels where they all connected. The academy kids were there, civilians, and some ninjas to guard them all.

His mother frowned as she held her adoptive child closer, all the villagers were murmuring about Hifumi.

"Great, it's that fake Sarutobi."
"He isn't even from here. He probably planned this."
"He should go and fight to show his loyalty."
"Useless."
"The poor lady, having to deal with that orphan."

Tears filled Hifumi's eyes as he tightly held onto his mother's kimono, she lightly sung his a song to calm him down while glaring at the rude villagers. This was the reason why she never allowed him to leave the compound, Hiruzen often argued that he should go and play with the village kids.

She would argue that none of the parents would even allow it and she was right. Hiruzen wanted Hifumi to play with the village kids, but once he turned his back to do some paperwork. His son was beaten to the brink of death, thankfully he pulled through.

The parents saw that Hifumi was alone and decided to show that he wasn't accepted, which caused him to be fearful of people. So his mother wouldn't let him outside no matter what.

His mother was about to shout at them but Hifumi quickly ran out of the tunnels while crying. 'I hate it. I hate them! I hate them! Why does dad care for them so much.'

The male wiped his face as he looked up and saw it, the nine tails fox demon, fear-filled his body as he saw how it was close to entering the village, he got up to run but his legs were too weak.

"Mama.." the boy stuttered out until it was suddenly taken away also as the body flicker jutsu, he fell to the floor in shock. ".. we're all dead." He mumbled as he jumped from the ground only to bump into an older boy, he jumped as he stared at the boy.

"Are you okay?" The child looked at him like he didn't see what he saw either. The older boy grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the tunnels, he was both scared of the tunnels and staying outside. He couldn't decide. He pushed the male away and began running away bit wanting to stay at the tunnels.

He winced as he heard the roar of the fox, he ran into a ninja that was moving some civilians to the tunnels. "Kid! Get to the tunnels!" The ninja shouted trying to grab him, he ran into a female, he fell back as he could feel glaring, the boy that was trying to take Hifumi back to the tunnel ran up.

"Mother!" He shouted before making sure the male was okay, he helps his mother up and saw his younger brother safe. "Itachi, what are you doing- you should be in the tunnels!" She shouted as he held his face and looked at his body making sure he was okay.

"I'm sorry, but he ran out and it was dangerous.." he said as he noticed the disappointed look in his father, Fugaku walked up to Hifumi. Grabbing his shirt, he gave a glare at the boy who flinched as tried to break free. "Let me go!" He screamed, Itachi tried to grab the boy away from his father while his mother tried to convince him to put him down.

"You ran out of the tunnels. Are you not afraid of death? You pulled out my son of safety cause of what?" He said angrily. Hifumi lost his grip, soon the fabric around his neck began to choke him. "Father!" "Fugaku!" They both shouted until a figure came running.

"Hifumi!" They notice the Hokage's wife, Fugaku dropped the boy who fell on the floor, he began to cough as he turned to his mother. "Lady Biwako, you know this boy?" She panted as he fell to the floor to check him to see if he was okay. "He's my adoptive son- Hifumi, I'm so sorry. I should've covered your ears better." The Uchiha's glanced at the boy who tears fell down his face.

"I want Asuma! I want dad! I hate this village! I'm not a fake! I didn't do anything!" He screamed at the top of his lungs as he tightly hugged his mother, Itachi and Mikoto frowned, they heard rumors of the fake Sarutobi. Suddenly, Fugaku began to speak.

"Lady Biwako. Why did you send a clone to protect your son?" Hifumi eyes widen in shock as the Uchiha's looked at him to shut up. "Mama? You're- mama where are you?! You said you'll stay with me!" He shouted as he pushed the clone away. "Hifumi- wait listen!" She tried to grab the boy but suddenly she disappeared. "Mama..."

"Young Lord-" "please don't call me that- I'm a fake." He muttered as he ran off, Itachi was about to run after him but Fugaku grabbed him. "We must go. Now." He frowned as Hifumi tried to find his mother. He remembered Kushina. She was going to help her deliver Naruto.

He started to run to the building, he and Kushina went to clean up the place before she was ready to give birth. He finally arrived, he ran up the stairs, once he got to the top his eyes widen, his mother was dead. Kushina noticed Hifumi and screamed for him to run. "Mama..?" He whispered in disbelief as he ignored everyone, even the man behind the mask stayed quiet as he watched the boy carefully pick up his mother's head. She was breathing.

"Hifumi... Run.. please run." His eyes filled with tears as he screamed for her to stay with him. "Mama! You.. please stay!" He shouted as he hugged her, she gave him one last kiss and told him to be good to his siblings and father. The guy in the mask stayed quiet as he saw the boy's eyes slowly go blank, he lost his will to fight his will to live.

"I hate it." He muttered. "Mother died. Now mama... I will never have a mother.." he whispered to himself, Kushina was crying as she heard the boy, he kissed his dead mother's forehead as he gave one last smile. "Rest, mama." He closed her eyes as he turned to stare at the man in the mask. The man went to attack the boy until Minato appeared making sure to kick him away.

"Hifumi what're-" he stopped as he saw the dead Biwako, he bit his bottom lip as he held the boy's shoulders as he cried for his now-dead mother. "Hifumi. Take Naruto and run." The boy fell out of his trance as he heard the name. "Naruto?" He finally heard the baby's cries, Hifumi ran up to Kushina, she smiled. She wished it could've been a better way to show the boy his new friend and soon to be a brother. He quickly wiped his tears as he didn't want her to see the last memory of him crying so he picked himself up.

"... He's cute." He muttered as he looked at Kushina, she smiled as she handed the baby over to the dark-skinned boy. "Please run, Fumi." He frowned as he nodded, he ran while Minato covered for him.

He heard clashing kunais but ignored it as he started to run into the forest to hide until someone found him. He gave a deep breathe to catch his breath. "I wonder what name uncle and auntie picked for you." He muttered as he gently caressed the small face.

"So cute." He whispered as he hid inside a tree making sure to keep quiet just in case someone heard him. A small creak was heard from outside the tree, he gave a small gasp as he huddled his body around the infant ready to use his body as a shield.

"There you are!" He screamed as he grabs the infant, tears fell from the dark skinned boy as he tried to grab the baby. "No! Give him back!" He screamed as he was kicked away, he coughed up blood as he held his stomach.

"Damn child!" The masked male shouted as he went to kill the boy in a fit of rage, his plan wasn't going so well due to this damn child. The boy glared at the man but his face couldn't move, they were still and his eyes were dull. His emotions couldn't be shown.

"Give. Me. Back. My. Nephew!" He shouted as he pulled out a kunai that he found on the floor, with bloodthirsty intent he swung at the male. The boy's red eyes were dull now filled with a light shimmer. The other made sure to back away but conveniently fell on a branch.

The boy's breath hitched as he let go of the kunai and leaped for the falling baby. He gave a smile as he manged to grab the baby and rolled into the dirt harshly. "Ah.. Are you okay, baby?" He gently asked making sure the baby boy was okay. He let out a soft sigh as he ran again.