prologue iv

↵ 〉〉〉"Ichi Ni San"

The darker child panted as he slid down a tree trunk, he was calm yet his mind was racing. Why did he want the baby boy? He frowned as he glanced to the moon, the nine tails was being chained down and slowly forced back into it's summoning jutsu. He screamed as he saw the masked man infront of him, the man reached out and teleported the two back near where Kushina was.

"Hifumi?" She shouted tiredly and confused as she saw the tiny body being flung into the trees, she screamed as she tried to get up go check on him but was forced down by the chains. As she was going to seal the Kyuubi, she wanted to help the boy but sealing Kyuubi was needed for the survival of everyone.

The boy felt his whole body ache in pain, he panted as he tried to ignore the pain. "Naruto... Naruto..." He repeated as he tried his best to make his way to the infant. His eyes widened as he was picked up by Minato. "Uncle!" He tried to say but ended up coughed small drops of blood trickled down. "Naruto! Is he okay?" He quickly asked but Minato smiled as he showed off the infant.

Though, his face showed no expression, he gave a laugh as he carefully hung onto the older male's coat. His eyes widened as he witnessed what was happening, it was so fast and due to shock he couldn't be in the moment. Minato had placed the infant down onto the little bed. "Wait- what are you doing!?" He shouted as he glanced at Minato with confusion and fear. "Please make sure Naruto is safe." He whispered to the child, the nine tails noticed what the two adults were doing.

Next thing Hifumi knew, the two people he cared for had a claw stabbed into them. He gasped as he looked at Naruto, the baby cried as the seal was starting. Tears fell down his face as he heard the last goodbyes of the two adults. "Hifumi, take care. Don't be scared of people anymore." Minato whispered as Kushina nodded. "You were the best nephew and I know you'll be a great uncle." He said as they both faded away.

"No... No! Minato! Kushina!" He shouted as he tried to stop the blood from gushing out but their bodies were no longer warm. He cried as he held the infant, the baby didn't wake up no matter how loud he cried. He stayed with the bodies and the baby until more ninjas came, they saw the seal and became fearful of the infant.

"We need to kill it!" They all shouted making Naruto cry, Hifumi's eyes widen as he took a bloody kunai and pointed at the ninjas. "Take one step towards Naruto and I'll kill you!" He shouted as he had bloodlust in his eyes, his dull and emotionless gave made his threats more believable. "Hifumi!" He gave a frown as he saw his father and brother running up to him. The two looked around seeing the dead bodies the Red Habanero and the Yellow Streak of Konoha.

Hifumi held onto the baby who finally calm down, the male frowned as he bit his bottom lip. "Dad... Brother..." He could feel his tears fall down, Asuma hurried over and hugged the male as he cried into his shoulder. "Don't let them kill Naruto! I told uncle and auntie I would protect him!" He shouted out of desperation as he hugged the bundle close to his body. "I did everything I could and I still failed! I wasn't-" Asuma gently rubbed his head as the boy tried to talk but was silenced. "Shhh... Hifumi. It's okay, you did well." Hifumi stared at his brother. "Mom..." His voice cracked as he stared at Naruto. "Mommy.. she helped him get born..." He sniffled as he shook his head and stared at his father. "I'm going to protect him. I don't care if he gots a seal! I promised and I'm not going to give him up!" He shouted despite the lack of emotions on his face, the man could see it in his eyes and voice.

"Young master, you cannot-" he glared at the ninjas that called him that. "What was that!? You all never consider me a Konoha citizen!" He walked over to them ignoring the shouts from Asuma. "So why the fuck are you calling young master now?!" He shouted as he felt hurt, why was it now he suddenly had the respect of them? Ah... Right. Naruto. He flinched at the sudden touch of his father, the older male frowned at it. "Very well. I'll allow your wish."

Hifumi gasped as he tried his best to give a huge smile but he couldn't. Asuma shouted as he could see the boy's body fall to the ground. "Hifumi!" The older brother quickly caught Hifumi who was holding onto the baby with any strength he could muster. "Sorry." He muttered as he passed out from every hit he took beforehand.

•••

"Fumi!" A darker skin make yawned as he stared at the blonde whiskered boy running full speed at him. "Ah.. Naruto." He said as his voice turned sweet yet his face was still stiff. "School is so boring. Can't you and the old man just take me out?" The child shouted angrily as he tugged at the male's custom kimono. "Eh— did Sasuke piss you off again?" He asked boredly as he picked up the boy who stuck his tongue at Hifumi. "He's so annoying!" Hifumi chuckled as he gave a small peck on his cheek.

"I'm sure you'll think differently one day." He said softly as Naruto huffed. "Whatever!" Hifumi looked behind them and saw Sasuke walking him alone. He frowned.

'Itachi... What an idiot.'

He thought as he turned away heading to the ramen shop.