reawakening

Hifumi's sigh echoed in his head, every breath he took felt strange, buzzing was constant in each touch. He knew what he was doing, he didn't mind it. He stayed in place, watching the bodies sway in the wind. "Fuck." He muttered as he lowered his gaze to his hands. The void had taken their eyes. Hifumi's breath hitched as he noticed the orb hiding in the bushes before it disappeared. "Why..." He muttered as he let the blood slide down his fingertips, he shouldn't... "Why should I be ashamed?" He whispered as he touched his face. The silver tongue of the void gave reassurance that he had missed—his mother's voice.

But she only spoke when he did such acts, begging, pleading, and sobbing that he should stop. He never listened. He didn't care if it hurt her, he loved her but she did something terrible. His home village did something terrible. She was going to see it all. Petty revenge? No, he just wanted her to suffer. "You don't deserve to rest so peacefully." He muttered as he threw a kunai at each of the ropes. The sound of bodies hitting the floor didn't faze him.

There was one woman he would obey.

"Dad! What was that?!" Asuma shouted at the old man. The Third closed his eyes as he began to think. "We need to take him out of the exam! He's going to kill," a mocked chuckle. "That's the point of this exercise." Anko snapped at the other. "Ibiki didn't take out many of the squads in his round. Hifumi is doing us a favor by wiping out some squads." She crossed his arms. "That isn't what I'm concerned about!" He shouted but he was quickly silenced by the third's stare. "Whether you like it or not. That is Fugu not Hifumi. Learn the difference." It wasn't anything harsh.

It was a fact- a fact that he had to accept when Danzo showed off 'Fugu'.

"I smell blood." The ninjas went into a self-defensive stance. A rustle of leaves was heard before Fugu stared down at the group from above them. His bright red eyes were now bright for a different reason. "Huh?" One of the ninjas glanced up after feeling droplets fall on his face. "What the hell!" They shouted seeing the male drenched in blood with a blank face. "You have pretty eyes," Hifumi spoke as he glanced away. The sounds of the leaves shaking were enough to put them on edge. "The first ones looked pretty hanging up," his voice was calm and eerily. "The second one... well, they didn't look pretty at all. I'm sure the animals here had a wonderful feast either way."

The ninjas slowly took quiet steps backward. "Where is your scroll?" He cocked his head to the side before glancing over the three of them. "I do! We'll give it to you!" His eyes narrowed before jumping down. He held his hands out. "Give." The group gulped and quickly handed him the scroll before he glanced at the kanji. "Ah, isn't this fun." He chuckled before shoving it into the other's chest. "Open it."

"W... what?" He gave a stare as he gently grabbed their shoulders. "Open it." He whispered into their ears. "Or I kill your teammates." With shaking hands, they opened the scroll. "Sensei?!" The Jonin was about to do what he was supposed to do until a kunai struck the ninja, killing them. "No! You promised!" One of the teammates shouted before starting to attack Hifumi, he dodged them. After all, not having a calm mind often lead to being killed. "Whoops." He muttered as he shoved the raging ninja into a broken tree branch before dragging the last teammate in front of their sensei and killing them.

"You..." The jonin shook in anger at the blank look he was given. "Oh, that's a nice expression." Hifumi touched his face. "I wish I could make that expression... Give it to me." He whispered before the ninja poofed away. He looked at the piece of work he made. "Take them." He watched as the void slithers out of his face and took the eyes of the three before walking away. "I'm bored now." He muttered.

"Hifumi! Please stop! I didn't beg for them to take you for this!"

He scoffed at the pleas. Was this truly Hifumi? Or was it just his soldier side? All that he knew what the he missed the warmth of the sticky redness.