prologue ii

↵ 〉〉〉"Ichi Ni San"

The Hokages and the leaf ninjas had finally put to rest the Nastukashii villagers. He sighed as he looked at the sky, guilt that he didn't respond soon enough or even tried to save them. All those kids who once filled that village now dead cause of a snake.

He glanced at the pictures given to him and saw the smiling faces of those now dead children, he wanted to find their bodies to give them peace but knew his ex-student would never allow that type of peace for those poor parents.

"Hokages. It's done. We buried them all including the child's mother."

They nodded as they took one last glance at the village and began to head back to his village. A sick feeling he was going to have to live with until he was forgiven by the last child of the Nastukashii. The fourth gave a small sigh.

"I hope he understands why this happened... I don't want him to hate us.."

He nodded his head ordering the shinobis to leave, the fourth cooed at the sleeping child, the third sighed thinking he was going to have to explain this to his kids and wife.

"You're such an adorable little one."

He softly said as he noticed the baby was drooling in his sleep.

Sarutobi Compound

Hiruzen sighed as he entered the home of his family, he sweatdropped as he saw his son, Asuma, stare at a wall while his mother scolded him for being too laid back while his daughter sighed as she sharpens her tools.

"We have a new addition to the family."

He simply said as he showed off his new son. Asuma was shocked that the toothpick from his mouth fell, his mother's mouth fell to the floor and his daughter accidentally cut herself. He chuckled and explained.

"How cruel." Said the daughter.

"And you let him stay in these clothes! Give him to me I'll wash him." Said the mother.

"Another replacement? Are you that disappointed that you need an orphan?"

His daughter glared at how insensitive her brother was, the baby was put through something no child should have, and here he is complaining again. Hiruzen sighed as he lights his pipe, already stressed.

"... I promised his mother to give him a life to live. He is innocent. He is and will be your brother until the day you both die or I will never come to terms with anything you do."

He stared down at his son going into father mode instead of Hokage, Asuma blinked as he realized how serious he was, did he really promise to take care of the child. He grit his teeth, Asuma had a lot of anger around that time. He felt like his father didn't appreciate him as he should, but the Hokage couldn't baby the ninja. After all, Hokage doesn't have favorites.. yet.

"Oh how cute!"

The mother cried as she finally got all the blood off, the baby woke up and complete stared at the woman calling him cute. He got scared at the new face and fussed.

"Ah.. sorry little one, I'm right here."

He called out as he moved in front of the child, Asuma didn't look at the child in jealousy but he took a glance. His heart warmed a bit as he saw the baby smile despite his mother being killed. Maybe he understood.

Time skip

It had been about two years since Hifumi came to live with the Sarutobi's. He got used to them and slowly one by one called them their names. Hiruzen was Papa, his wife was Mama, the daughter was big sister, Asuma was a big brother and Minato was an uncle.

Asuma, at first hated the baby as he grew, but after realizing that the baby would crawl or waddle to him when he felt sad or needed a hug, it made him feel special. Asuma, after that quickly warmed up to Hifumi, everytime he was on a mission, he would bring something back for the boy.

The three-year-old had pure white hair, sun-kissed skin, and ruby-like eyes that shined whenever he would open or blink. His mama would dress him up, play with him, and took him out. She would make sure to cover his ear so he wouldn't hear the villagers dissatisfied with the 'fake Sarutobi'.

Hifumi was waiting patiently at the door for his brother. He was the closest to Asuma, he would run to his room whenever he was scared or had a nightmare, he still does. The boy nibbled at his treat his mother gave him as he rocked his body back and forth.

He heard a click as his eyes shot up seeing the ninja that his brother is, he admired him, he wanted to be a ninja too. His mouth turned into an 'o' shape as he jumped up and tackled his brother with his small body.

"Big brother! You're back! You're back! I missed you!"

The boy quickly told the man, Asuma chuckled as he slowly sat up and smiled at the boy.

"Careful, Hifumi. You might hurt yourself."

Hifumi grinned as he nodded but the older male knew he wasn't paying attention. He put him down and proceeded to take off his ninja wear, Hifumi watched in awe. Asuma chuckled as he handed the curious boy a kunai.

"Should I show you how to throw one-" "he's not old enough yet, Asuma!"

Asuma jumped at the shout, then looked at his brother... Then suddenly sirens began to flood the air, ninjas of the Leaf began to flood the area alerting their teammates.

"Asuma! The village is under attack! The fourth is fighting! We must go now!"

Hifumi began to worry, tears slipping down his face confused.

"What- mom take Hifumi! I'm coming!" "Asuma be careful-" "Big brother, don't go!"

Asuma quickly ran off ignoring Hifumi, slowly everything began a disaster. The nine tails were released and were attacking the village.