rest

Hifumi stared blankly at the wall in front of him. He rested his hand against his stomach as he felt a tightness as it grumbles. "Hungry..." He drooled out as he slowly sat up, he ignored the sore pain as he made his way over to the window. "Oh... It's nighttime." He whispered as he slowly slide the window open. He jumped out of the hospital room... "Ack!" His eyes slightly widened as he was grabbed by the collar and thrown back into the hospital room, the window was slammed shut.

"Hi." "Fu." "Mi."

Hifumi stared confused as he stared at the three towering over him... Fear came into his body as he began to scurry away. "Back away! Demons!" He shouted trying to run back to the window but a hand grabbed his collar and threw him back onto the bed. "Tie him down!" Asuma shouted as another helped him. "I admire your youthful fire but even wonderful blooming youths like yourself need rest!" Guy shouted as he tied down the teen. "Kakashi told us you made quite the fuss." Iruka stared down the darker teen who thrashed the three tried to get the teen to stay still before his stitches ruptured.

Feeling annoyed he began to shout. "I'm hungry!" The three stopped. Asuma smacked the back of his head. "You little... Why didn't you eat the food on the tray?!" Hifumi blinked. "There's food?" Iruka sighed shaking his head as Guy handed him the food. Saying a small thanks as he began to eat, the three pulled up chairs. "You know what you did was dangerous." Asuma started. "Such inspiring spirit! Lee and you should train with eachother!" Guy shouted before laughing. "Come on you two, He just woke up." Hifumi stared at the three before putting his food down with a annoyed but determined tone as he began to speak.

"I promised that I would die for him. My body no longer belongs to me," he touched his chest and closed his eyes. "... It belong to Naruto." Asuma stared before lighting a cigarette. "And you think the kid would like that?" He glanced away not wanting to answer it, he already knew the answer. "I've made my vow to the two." Asuma gave a deep sigh. "Again, would they want that?"

"Then what would I live for?"

The air went still as the three glanced at eachother. "Maybe you'll find a lover." Guy started with a nervous smile. "Maybe you'll adopt a kid or something." Asuma spoke with a chuckle. "Hey, who knows if you'll be able to have your own squad." Iruka spoke gently though knowing such thoughts weren't always well received. "I don't want to be a shinobi." He spoke firmly as he glared at his hands. "I don't like the scent of blood or how less of a human I am viewed as... This village hates me enough." He muttered as Asuma gently hugged his brother.

"Get some rest." He whispered as he hit the back of his head after he had finished his food. The three jumped out with a heavy heart. Knowing that he was forced back into the shinobi world was hard enough but knowing nothing of the reason was worst. They could only assume.

"I had a dream," Hifumi spoke softly as he ate a popsicle

"I had a dream," Hifumi spoke softly as he ate a popsicle. The group looked confused as the group that Hifumi seemed to get along with well turned their attention to the older teen. Kiba, who had his arms wrapped around his waist as he was sat on the hill looked over. "About?" Shikimaru frowned as he watched his friend's brother watch the sky. "I'll die soon." He spoke gently, he blinked seeing the popsicle drop to the floor. "What do you mean?" Hinata asked in fear. Hifumi hummed as he touched his face of where the void was. The group stared confused.

"It's a feeling." Kiba frowned as he gave a slight squeeze. "Well, then we'll protect you!" He could only hum. "I guess... I hope I can smile for you all one day," he turned to the small frog trinket that Naruto once made him from clay. "Especially for him." Shino jumped down from the tree and placed a bug on the tip of his nose. Hifumi gave an amused huff before nodding to Shino.

"Thank you." The bug slowly found it's way into his skin leaving a small patch of blood and disappeared when Shino touched his cheek. "Here. Concentrate chakra here and it will send me a signal." He spoke before saying he had to head home. Hifumi stared. "... Did he just flirt with me?" He asked confused, touching his cheek where the tracker bug was. "Can't tell if I should be honored or flustered to be honest." He muttered as he leaned back into Kiba.

" He muttered as he leaned back into Kiba

And then the flier came a few days after. The Chunin Exams.

Hifumi crushed the paper in his hands as he couldn't help but feel a sense of dread. "Am I really going to die?" He asked himself as he stared at a painting of Shisui. "There's a chance that I'll see you sooner than expected." He stared longingly at the picture before a figure leaned over his shoulder. "That's a bit dark, Hifumi." Kakashi spoke bluntly as he glanced at the photo.

The two stayed in silence. Hifumi stood up and fixed his outfit. "I should get ready. I think he expects a show." He muttered as Kakashi looked bored and hummed. "Who? The Hokage?" He asked curious. An amused laugh left his lips. "No," he glanced at his shoulder. "Danzo."

"Hifumi!" Naruto shouted seeing his brother as he walked up to the building

"Hifumi!" Naruto shouted seeing his brother as he walked up to the building. "Oh, Naru!" He jogged over before staring at the group. "It's been a while. How have you all been?" He asked them, Sasuke ignored him as always but Sakura gently held onto his arm. "I'm nervous, Hifumi. You've been a Shinobi for some time. Any tips?"

He stared in silent shock. He never told them this. Sakura seemed to notice the shock in his eyes, had she stared to notice that his eyes held most of his emotions? 'Naruto was right! His eyes!' "Kakashi sensei told us that you were training at a young age. And you were... A special Shinobi to the third." She whispered the last part. "Sorry... You all are honored by being a shinobi, but I can't say that I am." He brushed her off and walked away with a heavy aura around him.

Naruto frowned as he watch his brother walk away. He didn't know the full story but he got a few clues from their first mission together. He knew Hifumi feared losing him. And Naruto feared it as well. He could kind of understand but not fully as he wanted to be Hokage... To protect the both of them. He just hoped that there relationship didn't change once they got higher ranks.

Hifumi only glared at the small orb that followed him. "Stupid fucker." He spat out as the whole sensei army and Hokage sweatdropped at the teens anger. Kakashi sighed shaking his head as Asuma gently nugde him. "What did you do?" The silver haired male frowned before shrugging. "Come on, you always know how to push his buttons since we were kids."

Ah right.

Kakashi used to baby sit Hifumi until he left to raise Naruto. Even then he kept an eye on the two due to the Hokage. "I have no idea what you mean." He eye smiled innocently.