bridge

"Aren't ninjas supposed to be fast!" Inari had hit the other repeatedly as an effort to get the male up, it worked when the other realized the seriousness of the problem. "Inari was it," he grunted as he stood up, his entire body was sore and he could feel that his legs and lungs weren't ready but hearing the situation from the boy he ignored his body. He took in a deep breath as he stood up, he could feel his clothes were different. "Perhaps you know where my belongings are?" Inari gave a nod before running off.

He grunted as he slowly stood up, he walked to the bathroom making sure to take a quick shower before stumbling out. "Thank you." He took his ninja wares and dressed himself. "Stay safe, okay?" He ruffled Inari's hair before running off after the kid told him he should be at the bridge. "I should be okay." He muttered feeling his chakra flicker, it was an odd sensation.

His eyes widened as he felt a strong chakra... "Karuma?" He shook in fear. No, why now? He shouldn't have gotten it so soon! He glared at his shaking hands as he remembered the deaths, no, no, no. He wasn't going to let that happen, Naruto is strong. He shook his head and rushed over making sure to keep himself calm. It was nothing to worry about for now.

"I'm gonna kill you!" His breath hitched as he saw the mist, that wasn't good. The scent of blood filled his nose as he blinked away the tiredness from his eyes. He gasped seeing a head of dark hair and rushed over. "Uchiha," his breath hitched as he saw a flash of Shisui, his hands shook as he gently brushed his thumb against his cheek. "You're cold... Is this what he felt..." He muttered as he took a deep breath. He gently placed the teen down and looked around.

"Sorry, I'm not good at healing but it'll have to do." He whispered before hovering his hands over to teen, his hands glowed green as he grunted at the sudden change in chakra. He panted as he stopped, it was the best he could do even if it managed to make the younger's breathing less heavy, he took off his Kimono and covered the younger before rushing off. "Come on, where is he- ah!"

His body tumbled to the floor as a forced shoved him to the floor. He coughed harshly as he slowly stood up. "Well, it looks like another showed up." Kakashi turned seeing the familiar white headed teen. "Hifumi?! You should be resting!" He shouted as the said male panted scrunching his eyes. "Ah! That kid woke me up! And I felt that chakra." He spoke up turning around. "I hate being a ninja! I just wanna adopt kids and call it a life!" He whined as his brows furrowed in exhaustion.

Kakashi sighed. "His seal is nearly broken." Hifumi crossed his arms. "I felt it, I can repair it but it won't be the same as before." He replied as he glanced around. "I healed what I could, I'm terrible at healing jutsus." He replied as he jumped at the sudden appearance of Zabuza. "Eh." He stared for a bit... "Is it bad that I think he's somewhat attractive." Kakashi furrowed his brows. "He's the enemy, Hifumi. And I didn't expect you to like someone other than Shisui." There was a pang of guilt. "I meant appearance wise, I'm sure he's a wonderful lover but I don't see myself with someone so— this isn't the time! I'll defend you can attack." He pulled out a kunai in defense position.

"I'm still rusty please be gentle." He called out as he threw a kunai but it was blocked. "Shut it kid." Hifumi internally swooned but ignored it as he and Kakashi began to attack the male. Hifumi managed to get a few hits in as Kakashi did but he made sure to pull him away when he could so he wouldn't be hit or block any flying weapons or jutsus.

Kakashi pulled out a scroll. "Hifumi attack." Hifumi looked confused as he groaned. "I am not one of your summonings!" Regardless, he listened and bit into his thumb before making a seal on his chest after taking his crop top off. "Release!" He shouted as he pulled out a naginata, it had ridged blade and the handle was completely wrapped in bandages. "Ugh! I hate ninja life. I don't wanna defend the leaf." He sighed out as he threw the weapon in the air but grabbed the end of the bandage as it went back into his hands but the handle and blade was unwrapped.

"That blade," Zabuza glared at the teen who glared back. "Seen it? Ah, well you should remember this..." A soft sigh was heard as Hifumi shook his head. "After all, I did kill quite the swordsman for it." Zabuza gave an angered shout as he rushed the teen who for ready to attack. He kept the distance for some time, he got in a few hit by relentlessly attacking each chance he got. It was heavier than a staff but it was much more suited for the battle.

"You're a coward." He spat out to the teen who only scoffed. "I just don't like blood getting on me." He mumbled obviously hurt by the comment. "This is why I hate being a ninja, all unnecessary insults." He mumbled as he dropped his weapon. "I don't wanna anymore." His actions shocked both older males who weren't unsure of what to do.

Zabuza decided to take this chance to attack the male but Kakashi quickly painted on the scroll before Hifumi was attacked. "Get over here!" He shouted as he grabbed the tuffs of white hair, pulling him to his side. A pack of dogs latching onto the man making him immobile to attack or move. Hifumi blinked. "You couldn't do that earlier?" Kakashi sighed. "I was hoping you'd tire him out, which you did. Thanks." He walked over to Hifumi and ruffled his hair.

His face looked in awe as he felt the head pat. "Oh... That felt good. Again." He grabbed his hand forcing him to pat his head. It reminded him of his mother, his eyes widened at the thought before rushing to put his weapon away. "Aren't you good in close range, Hifumi?' Kakashi asked as the male shrugged. "I am but the Hokage told me to try using distance weapons." He replied before he blinked.

"How warm—" the weapon that Hifumi stop was suddenly in his stomach... "Oh wow... Talk about being stabbed in the back—" he choked on his blood as he fell to his knees. It seemed like Zabuza kicked the naginata towards the teen. "Hifumi!" Kakashi shouted as he glared at Zabuza. "Can't die. I won't die." Hifumi repeated as he took deep breaths, his hands glowed a faint green as he tried his best to heal himself. "I didn't even- why am I being targeted? This team is cursed. I wanna go back with the others." Kakashi ignored the comments as he did his monologue.

"Chidori!"

Hifumi's eyes widened as he noticed the mist disappear, his breath hitched seeing the splatter of blood, and his stomach churned seeing it all. "Urgh." He rushed to the side of the bridge and threw up. "..." Kakashi was stunned seeing the dead teen. Hifumi eyes shook as he felt his eyes watered, this was why he hated being a ninja, unnecessary deaths, and how most were only meant to be tools for higher ups. "No..." His mind shook hearing how happy Zabuza was knowing that his finding of the boy was a diamond in the rough.

"Naruto, stay out if it," Kakashi glared at Zabuza. "This is my fight." Naruto grit his teeth as he saw the dead Haku. "Naruto! You're alive!" Sakura shouted seeing the blonde alive and somewhat well. "Where Sasuke!?" She shouted happily but it dropped seeing his expression, it caught everyone's attention as Hifumi furrowed his brows. Now he was just playing dead at the edge.

He couldn't comfort others well, his face wouldn't show his true feelings. Zabuza dashed at Kakashi shouting to bit be distracted. "He's right," Hifumi spoke up as he slowly stood up despite the pooling blood beneath him. "Big brother?!" Naruto shouted but his eyes shook seeing the state he was in.

"As unfortunate as it is, that the ninja life," he slowly made his way next to Kakashi. "Death follows us ninjas," Zabuza smirked. "Someone gets it," Hifumi sighed. "To me, that is just another body of a victim." Naruto glared at his brother. "Hifumi! Take that back!" Hifumi ignored it. "The life we think is something to be proud for isn't always fun!" He turned glaring at all of them.

"So tell me! Why are you all emotional! So what if he's dead!? He'll be killed another way either way! That's our job! Death for the defense if our village!" Kakashi grabbed his shoulder, he knew why Hifumi thought this way. He was recruited at a young age thanks to the Hokage, it scarred him as Danzo was in charge of him. "That's enough-" Hifumi glared. "Our death is meaningless as ninjas! This is what you all signed up for!" He panted as he gripped his hand. "I hate it... I don't wanna be..."