Chapter 1

Percy was fighting Kronos at an unbelievable speed for a demigod, even if he is one of the Big Three's. Thalia, who had luckily pushed Annabeth and managed to sidestep the statue of Hera's head, was staring at awe at her cousin. Even with her enhanced sight, she could only see glimpses of the fight, mostly when Kronos would slow time or that they would push each other far enough to get a break from the fight, before attacking as if they had just started, full of energy. Thalia and Annabeth wanted to help their friend in battle but how could they help if they couldn't see what is going on? So, they kept on watching in awe as the two powerful forces slashed and stabbed each other. They had carried Grover to a safe distance and nurse his wounds, but he wouldn't wake, probably had a concussion.

Percy was tiring from fighting his dear old granddad, but he couldn't stop now, in the middle of a fierce battle, battling one of the most powerful beings on Earth. So, he kept going, gathering his energy from the water molecules in the air. He had practiced his powers in secret since no one could help him master it except Mr. D and Chiron but Mr. D hated him so he wouldn't want to help him in any way. And Chiron had stress enough as it is, preparing the campers for the war to come, teaching them some of the hardest but most useful skills in Greek history so due to no one helping him he decided to take matters into his own hands, practicing at night in his cabin. Sometimes his fathers would give him pointers, communicating through his mind but those rarely came.

So here was Percy, pulling every little stunt he had learned from his childhood till now, using ever dirty trick he could think of, but the Titan kept countering or dogging his attacks making him frustrated and angrier by the second. "You fight well spawn." Kronos said in disgust as he countered one of his attacks. "But your efforts are futile. I am older than you, therefore more powerful and have more experience in battle than your pathetic brain could handle. You cannot beat me. I am the TITAN LORD!" he boomed while dogging one of his grandson's attacks.

Kronos, due to him not reaching his full power and stuck in that demigod's body, couldn't incinerate the Poseidon spawn right there and then and also since his new body was technically human, he was beginning to tire immensely, though he kept going, not wanting to loose to a mere demigod, even if that meant pushing that human body passed its limits, even if burned it up he couldn't care less as long as he wins.

Percy noticed Kronos tier, so he kept pushing himself, making his strikes more precise, stronger, and aimed at the most difficult parts of the body to defend. His opponent looked as if he was about to explode from rage but kept fighting with everything Luke's body could handle but eventually backbiter skidded across the enormous room that held the gods' meetings. Percy kept hacking and slashing at Luke's body trying to find the soft spot of his ex-friend's body, trying to pierce or at least scratch his weak spot but to no avail. Several minutes of Percy slashing at Kronos and Kronos raising his hand to protect himself, Percy finally felt Luke's body shudder as Riptide came in touch with a small space under his armpit. Well, I would've never guessed were that was Percy thought.

Percy continued to slash at random spots all over Luke's body, not giving any indication that he knew were the weak spot was. When Kronos raised both of his hands to block the strike that Percy aimed at the top of his head. That's stupid he thought before quickly changing direction to make its way on the soft spot.

Kronos noticed his change of direction a millisecond too late and when Percy's sword made a barely visible scratch on his mortal point, he fell to his knees, screaming in pain. It felt as if his soul was being ripped apart piece by piece, atom by atom. He knew that those that were struck down while bearing the Curse of the river Styx never reformed or came back into the land of the living. With no way of escaping his death he looked directly into Percy's eyes, giving him a glare that would make even the bravest monster want to run into a hole and die, but the boy returned the glare, which was almost on par with Kronos's one. "I, Kronos, Titan of Time and Harvest, curse Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon, to be forever stuck in time, unable to return." And with those last words, Luke's body exploded. Percy got a full blast of it, Thalia and Annabeth only knocked them off their feet and Grover was still at a safe enough distance, so he only caught a bit of wind from the explosion.

When the light died down, Thalia helped her best friend to her feet, made sure that Grover was fine and started to look for her cousin. Annabeth joined her looking through the rubble for their hero, but for nothing. Hugging each other they cried, sitting on the rubble, mourning their best friend. "W-we could have helped him, Thalia." Annabeth told her hunter friend, sobbing uncontrollably in her arms. Thalia didn't know how to respond so she just kept rubbing her best friend's back while tears of her own were falling down her face.

She could've helped him, she could've thrown a lightning bolt when Kronos was taking a small break from all the fighting, but no, she was too distracted to do anything and that goes against everything Lady Artemis had taught her. Never lose focus and always be ready to attack at any moment when your prey would show weakness, that was the advice that her mistress had told her on the first week of being the lieutenant and she stuck by it for two years, until now.

A few minutes had passed since the two best friends started to wallow in grief when the doors of the council room burst open, revealing the major gods dressed in armor to the teeth, ready to fight whatever their father/grandfather would throw at them. What they didn't expect was two demigods' sitting in the rubble of the once glorious room of the gods, crying their eyes out.