Chapter 22

The first thing that Percy did before confronting the hunters and their patron was hug Jackie tight, thanking her over and over again for her help. He only let her go after she was nearly blue from the lack of breath that she was taking, due to Percy squashing her in a bear hug. He apologized after that but she just shook the apology off and told him that it was fine. After sending one last look of gratitude at her, he turned to face the hunters and Artemis whom still had the look of terror. "I'm sorry for all the destruction." he started "I couldn't keep my emotions in check and let my power and aura slip, for that I apologize and swear to never do it again." he finished with the most sincere  and apologizing tone while bowing his head in shame. 

"It's nothing to worry about Percy but may I ask what was the thing that made you loose control?" Artemis managed to get out luckily before any of the hunters could start to scold him. "I'm sorry Lady Artemis but it is something that I wish not to relive or to tell, I hope you understand." he said in a sad and painful tone. Artemis knew that whatever happened was something bad because Percy never spoke that formally to anyone no matter how powerful or strong was that person. " I understand Percy, just know that if you want something you only need to ask and I'll help the best way I can." Artemis said in a kind tone, receiving a nod from the man accepting the generous offer.

Artemis smiled at this knowing that she'll help the man in front of her in any way that she can, after all he was the one that had helped her during the war to kill the giant opposing her and helped her numerous times by just listening to her complain about all the males and how unfair life was and also complain about the arguments that are happening in their family.

The hunters were still hella confused as to who the male was and Artemis saw that curiosity had overtook the looks of disgust that they were sending towards Percy. That was when she started to explain everything about Percy, where he came from, how he came from there and how he managed to battle 3 wars nonstop, the one in the future, or his present, the first titan war and the first giant war and bow he was here,  to fight yet another war. She held pity for the man that she came to respect, going from one war to another isn't something to be taken lightly, especially when the boy was only 16 years of age.

The hunters felt bad for the man in front of them, and Zoe even let her bow fall to her side, which is quite an accomplishment, seeing as there was a male in front of her, the beings that she most hated in the universe.

"So Percy, would you like me to take you to Olympus? I'm sure that my family would be thrilled to see you again." she asked, hope filling her voice. She knew that Percy was a person that always brought her family closer together, even with Poseidon and Zeus's kids fighting Hades kids they might put aside their differences and come together, even if it would be only for a little bit, to greet Percy.

But much to hey disappointment he shook his head in response. "With all due respect Mi'Lady, I really feel tired and would wish nothing more than to fall asleep." he said and quickly added "if that is alright with you of course." At this point he looked pale as of she might hurt him for not obeying her order.

She sighed and said "Percy, how many times have I told you that you can drop the formalities and call me Artemis?" Her tone was playfully scolding and harsh, as if accusing a child of stealing a cookie before dinner, she obviously didn't mean to scare him. But Percy, being sleep deprived and forgetting that he was close friends with her, begun panicking. His face was drained from all the blood, fear laced his every thought and he was slowly backing away from the goddess. "I-I'm s-s-sorry Lady Artemis." he said, stuttering over his words, fearing of what was to come and bowing so lie that he was bending in an odd position.

Artemis saw this and she was trying not to outright laugh at him. Then, after calming herself she looked, and she looked very closely at her friend and was disturbed with what she saw. He was literally swaying slightly on his feet, looking as he was about to collapse at any given second and the last outburst didn't really make things go for the better in terms of consciousness. She also went through his mind to find out what was troubling the poor man, not that she wanted to invade his privacy but she wanted to make sure that she knew how to help him in the correct way, but was shocked when she couldn't enter his mind. So even in this state you're  still able to keep a goddess from entering your brain, impressive she thought and decided to leave it at that, she wouldn't go to far as it might result in their friendship breaking and she sure as Hades didn't want that. So she went a different path and left his memories alone, and this time she went after any mental conditions or diseases that he might have and was shocked to see more than the usual two. With his ADHD and dyslexia he also had PTSD, and had it for quite a while too. He also had stress and anxiety, which she understood and the last one was severe depression, which made her want to cry, seeing her only male friend ever to have these types of things and not even showing any signs to even indicate that he had these.

Artemis was broken out of her thoughts but someone clearing their throat, clearly to get attention. Looking towards the noise she noticed her hunters looking at her worriedly. "Lady Artemis why are you crying?" Zoe asked hesitantly. Artemis brought her hand to her cheek and sure enough she had tears running along her face. Instead of telling them she simply transmitted everything she noticed and saw about Percy to every one of her hunters and soon enough they had tears flowing down their cheeks too. "This isn't a normal man is he?" Phoebe asked and to confirm her suspicion her patron goddess nodded.