Chapter 15

The demigods cheered and raised their weapons to the sky when finally Gaia, who was the last one to fall from the two, was put into slumber. They couldn't literally kill her since she was the essence of the literal Earth, but they managed to pin her down and with Hecate's magical potions made her slumber into the Earth, meaning slumbering in her own body, but let us not get into that weirdness.

As soon as the cheering and the adrenaline demolished from the demigods bodies, they got a good look around the clearing that they fought so bravely in. There were layers upon layer of golden dust, a hell of a lot of spoils of war, most of them coming from hellhounds and hydras, but that wasn't the worst thing that they saw. The dead bodies of their comrades, friends and loved ones laying as still as a rock, as pale as the moon, not moving an inch, that was the worst thing that a person could see. 

The demigods all started moving towards the bodies as fast as they could, which wasn't that fast considering the war that they had just fought. As soon as they reached the bodies, multiple demigods were weak on their knees, falling to the ground, their cries and screams echoing throughout the clearing. Nearly every single demigod had lost something in the battle against the monsters and the giants, either it was a loved one, friend or even a limb.  The demigods and gods slowly  picked up the fallen hero's and started moving towards the palace, where the funerals would be taking place. 

Percy had kept his distance, letting his friends grief on their own. He, of course, was grieving his friends and he even considered some of them as family but he didn't want to intrude anything that might disturb the grieving family/friends/loved ones. As soon as he was going to start moving after them towards the palace, a bright gold portal opened up a few feet behind him, and started to suck him in it. 

The other demigods and gods turned around hearing the swish noise that the portal made. They shouted out for him, trying to get to him before he would get propelled backwards towards it but to no avail as the winds were too strong for even the gods to handle and Percy knew that he was going to another random time that no one has a clue of. " GET BACK! '' Percy shouted, trying to speak over the raging winds and thankfully the demigods heard him and stopped in their tracks, their eyes showing signs of tears that were being swept by the winds. " I'm proud of you all, of the way that you fought in the war and how you've all progressed in the months I've been here, but sadly it is my time to go so please honor the fallen with the best funeral that you could give them and provide or them, they deserve it.'' he continued, still shouting against the strong winds. 

The demigods nodded, not trusting their voice to speak scared that they would completely break down in front of him. Percy smiled one last time, trying to reassure the demigods that everything is going to be fine and letting his body go towards the portal not being able to hold against the winds for too long. 

Change of POV:

"He went back in time didn't he?'' Hera asked, though it was missing its usual harsh tone and was actually caring, to some degree. As soon as she said that, the rest of the gods also fell to their knees, panting as if they had just fought another fearsome battle. After regaining their breath, every single god had a smile plastered fondly on their face. 

The hunters, stayers, dryads and the demigods looked at the gods with confused and puzzled faces, their tears now drying on their cheeks. "Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?????'' Thalia shouted towards the gods. Everyone except the gods gasped, waiting for her dad or any of the gods to strike her down, knowing that no one could ever talk to the gods in that way even if they were the savior of Olympus. But the most unexpected thing happened, the gods SMILED, not a hint of anger on their faces. 

The gods sat back on their thrones, looking right next to the hearth, still wearing the smiles. Zeus finally spoke, though still looking at that one spot. "Just wait and see.'' was all he said, which confused the demigods even more but soon realized that they wont get any answers so they stared at the spot where the gods were looking at, trying to decipher what Zeus meant.