Chapter 12

As soon as all the demigods were gathered in the throne room, which, luckily, was huge since there were over five thousand demigods, Zeus begun his speech "Demigods!" he boomed "We require your assistance to rid evil from the world once and for all, have a chance to fight besides us, the most powerful beings, and if you should survive, you would be awarded anything you would wish for." The last sentence caught the demigod's attention, making their heads snap up to look at Zeus, and after a second of contemplating, the demigods cheered yelling different words of encouragement towards their fellow demigods. After everything had settled down, Ares, who had been surprisingly quiet, leading them to the training grounds, wanting to get the demigods in shape, since they had been slacking, only a few weak monsters had passed the border around the fortress, who had been easily killed and when the giants attack, they would go inside the god's palace for protection. So, the demigods would do nothing but get fame since they are a child of one of the gods.

The throne room was quiet, the gods, except Ares, looking at Percy for his suggestion of bringing the demigods into this war, when they clearly didn't need their assistance. "You spend two decades to get the idea that I just told you of. The giants could be only killed by a demigod and god working together, which Gaia knew, and she also knew that you would fail to notice for a long period of time, which is why I got the demigods involved in this war." he said slowly, as if he was talking to a child, making sure that they understood every single thing that came out of him mouth. The gods nodded to every word he said, exactly like a child, and when they realized what they were doing, they blushed bright gold, making Percy's laughter turn to wheezing, hardly getting enough oxygen into his lungs.

Ares had entered the room when Percy had recovered from his laughter, though was still a bit out of breath. The god of war was confused as to why his family were blushing and the demigods was laughing. Thinking that Percy did something wrong and inappropriate to his family, though he didn't know what, he attacked, with a war cry, startling the one's present in the throne room.

Percy's quick reflexes that he gathered over the years switched on, and immediately brought his sword up, intercepting the strike. Ares was confused at how a mere demigod had managed to stay on his feet after one of Ares powerful strikes, but Percy seemed to be doing it easily, which annoyed the god further and continued to strike everywhere, using every technique he could think of, which was quite a lot, and striking powerful and precise strikes at the demigod's body.

The young gods were going to shout for Ares to stop but were shushed by the elder gods, who looked like mischievous children, more than Hermes, which scared the young gods but did nothing, only watching what seemed to be an impossible match to win, for Percy that is. They were very surprised that Percy managed to block every strike and get a few wounds on Ares, not fatal but extremely annoying, like nicking his forehead so that he wouldn't be able to see with the blood dripping onto his eye.

Percy was bored. Ares was a challenge, that was for sure, but he was nothing compered to himself in the future or Kronos, so this was a bit easy for him. Seeing an opening in the war god's stance, which was the millionth one in these last two minutes, Percy decided to end it. Making a precise strike at the hip bone with the hilt of his sword, taking Ares off guard, and then putting the tip of Riptide to the war gods throat, deeming Percy the winner. The war god was dripping with sweat and breathing deep and hard, looking at Percy in respect and awe, which Percy thought was impossible, but these recent months had been anything but possible, so he couldn't keep question everything or else he might go insane. "Percy is the winner." Poseidon shouted proudly.