Chapter 13

After that little commotion of Ares and Percy, the latter went to the training grounds to oversee where the demigods where in skill and endurance level and Percy couldn't even believe it when he went there. The demigods were already sprawling across the ground, sweating buckets, and breathing as if they were breathing their last breath. Even the new, young campers back in the present could do at least ten minutes of intense training, but these fully grown demigods couldn't even withstand five whole minutes.

Percy shook his head in disappointment and sighed. "Looks like I have my work cut out for me." He mumbled under his breath. In a louder voice he shouted, "Get on your feet, soldiers!" The demigods, due to the authority and the war experience that was heard through Percy's tone, thought that it was Ares and they immediately lined up, shoulder to shoulder, and looked at their leader. They were shocked to see a sixteen-year-old, with a war hardened face, and a much stronger air of confidence and experience than all of them combined and his atmosphere told them that they had to obey his commands and not question his methods, but their arrogance got the better of them since they couldn't believe a teenager would teach them, they were already the best and didn't want a pitiful teen teaching them.

They voiced their complaints but were cut off by Ares, who came in the training area at some point, fully rejuvenated from his and Percy's fight. "What are you pests complaining about now?" he asked, rubbing his head as if he has a migraine, which shouldn't be possible since he's a god. Ryan, one of the most arrogant, selfish and thinks that he's better than everyone, demigod stepped up "This kid thinks that he could teach us, the powerful demigods, skills. As if he could hold his own against a two-year-old." he said, laughing. Soon all of the demigods joined him, throwing insults towards Percy. The son of Poseidon knew that this was going to happen, and stayed quiet, letting them vent out their disbelieve and accusations, keeping an emotionless face the whole time. "Well, then, if you think that you're so good, then you won't have a problem to fight him, right?" Ares asked Ryan, who nodded, fully believing that he would win.

Percy was going to go slow on him so that he wouldn't be humiliated, but the look that Ares was giving him said that he shouldn't hold back, so Percy shrugged and got into a relaxed position, making him seem harmless. His opponent laughed at his stance, but his wasn't even good, siding too much on his right, leaving his left exposed, and his feet were too closed in, making him lose his balance faster. As soon as Ares gave them the signal, Percy attacked, swiping the cocky demigod's legs, making him fall onto his butt, Percy kicking away his sword ten feet away, making sure that it isn't within reach, and put the tip of Riptide positioned over his heart.

The demigods stood shocked, only seeing a blur of what was supposed to be Percy and seconds later, had their best demigod fighter on the floor, with a golden sword at his chest. "I wasn't ready!" Ryan shouted, trying to find an excuse to help him regain his pride. Percy knew what he was doing and just got into the same relaxed position that he started with, but this time Ryan stayed quiet, watching Percy for any movement. Ares again gave the signal and Percy moved forward, slowly, as if he was walking towards an injured and scared puppy. Ryan, on the other hand, raised his sword above his head and charged, giving a war cry. Ryan's attacks were sloppy, and uncoordinated, not well balanced and with too much power behind them. Percy easily dodged each and every one of his strikes, and when his back was open, he slammed the hilt of his sword on the back of Ryan's head, making him slip into unconsciousness.

Percy calmly turned towards the others that were watching with astonishment, "Anyone else?" he asked, with a threat that every demigod caught on, and immediately shook their heads, not wanting to fight the Poseidon spawn. "Now, let's get back to training, shall we?" Percy continued, as he begun to tell each of them what to do.