Chapter 20 The attack

She wakes up to a pounding headache.

Ahhhh

The dreams. They have again filled her sweet dreams with horrendous nightmares.
Can't she find peace for once?

The room was empty and she thanked heavens for once.
Good that he didn't return last night.

She didn't wanted to see his face anyways.

Moving towards the bathroom, checking her face was the first thing she did.
Her scar hidden well.

But it still needed touch up.

Opening her bag, she found her makeup stuff and got to work.
Once satisfied, she proceeds out of the room towards to kitchen.

Not caring of changing her clothes.

Her stomach was already rumblings with hunger and she lazily yawns to walk down the staircase.

Too lost and yet to wake up fully, she didn't take notice of the men sitting in the drawing room, discussing business.

"Yes, it will be done Sir. You need not worry."

"And yes, send this file to Mr Walker. And make sure it reaches him today."

"Okay Sir."

"Mr Lockwood, regarding the latest edition and its promotions. I have made a -"

One of them's eyes caught the beauty walking in his words got lost.
Everyone looked at his cause of distractions and they couldn't help get distracted as well.

Ethan couldn't see, his back towards the staircase.

"Ahhh......I.....I..have made a blueprint. I will send it for you  to see."

The speaker finally finishes and that's when Vivian's eyes look up to see 4 pairs of eyes set on her.

She gulped, feeling awkward and conscious all of a sudden.

5 men were seated there, wearing suits and formals. Folders in their hands and business on their lips.

But their eyes, they stopped on her.

If their gazes bothered her.
Their were nothing compared to the person whose back was on her.

He looks over his shoulder to find the source of everyone's distraction.
And his eyes harden on her immediately.

He looks at her from top to bottom ,making her more conscious.His jaw clenching the longer his stare remained.

She curses herself.

Fuc*!

How can she be so stupid.

She only wore a long t shirt which covered only half of her thigh.
A pink t shirt to be exact with a unicorn in front of it.

His eyes told her all...to get the fuc* away from there.
But her feet, they seemed to have frozen as her heart thudded rapidly in her chest.

"Ahhh Mrs Lockwood. Pleasure to meet you!"

"Congratulations on your wedding!"

One of them said and she dared to move her gaze away from Ethan's burning orbs to the man's amused ones.
She barely gives him a small smile nodding.

"Th...ank you."

"I beg my pardon. For disturbing you newly weds. But you see business is business."

Another one said after congratulating them. And Ethan finally leaves her to look at his other business association.