Chapter 23 The offer?

She was leaning on the sofa, bored with a cup of coffee in one hand and a newspaper in another.

Her eyes casually flipping through the pages to stop at the front page.
And she spots out the coffee in shock.

"What the fuc-"

Composing herself ,she looks around to see that thankfully there was no one there except for that little devil Blaze, sitting in a corner.

Tilting his head to a side and staring at her like she has grown two heads.

Keeping the cup down, she stares at the news with her eyes wide in shock.

Her pictures was there on the front page.

The pictures of the shoot that day...their wedding and some others which were taken  randomly.

She grabs the remote and puts on a news channel , to only get up from her seat and stare at the lady blankly.

"The youngest billionaire in town , the only heir of Lockwood industries. Ethan Lockwood ties knots with a sansational beauty."

"Mrs Vivian Lockwood. His beautiful wife is none other than the step child of the infamous business tycoon Roman Klein."

"Sources say both newly weds were seen getting cozy in a photoshoot few days back in Miami ."

"However what is beyond anyone's understanding is that why someone as beautiful as Vivian Klein was kept in shadows all these years."

"Why no one knew Roman Klein had a step daughter."

"Why she worked in Ashelle Empire as an employee of Lockwood's."

"Was it to keep the affair secret?"

"Since how long have been these two dating?"

"Was it done as a business deal to save Klein's Empire from going bankrupt .Or was it a love affair between them?"

"We hope the questions get answered soon. As both Lockwood's and Klein's have refused to speak on the topic.
Avoiding limelight like always."

"We will get back to you when we get another hot news on the newly weds."

"As of now let's go to the next news-"

What the hell is this? She knew the media will know about it, but she also hoped Ethan will keep it to the minimum.

What it they investigate on her past and come to know of her being a convict of murder.

What if everyone comes to know about her case?

No...they can't...she will be ruined completely if it happens.

She will have to talk to him about this when he comes back...he will have to take care if this....he promised he would.

.
.
.
.
.
Ethan loosens his tie and discards it, tired of the days affairs.
Slumping on the sofa, he closes his eyes to only have Blaze join him.

Patting his head, the Rottweiler purrs at him and he chuckles.
Kissing it to only have him join in on his lap.

And Ethan just sighs.

His tired eyes look around to find someone, to only stop at the back of a person working in the kitchen.

Smirking ,he makes his way towards her.

She was busy cooking something and he couldn't help  love the aroma of the delicious dish his wife was making.

Well, it was a surprise.