Chapter 59 The Ace

" We were not a power couple.

We were two people bound by heights of misconceptions and hate

Yet I don't know why

In you I found my soul mate"

.......

Ethan's pov

"What the hell Vivian! I told you I fucking hate you! What goddamit proof do you need for it!"

"Fine. I believe you."

"Then you won't mind me doing this will you?"

Lifting the gun and placing the nozzle of it on her temple, she looks at me with dead eyes.

I stills, the challenge in her eyes. Forcing me to surrender and tell her the truth.

But I don't....I can't tell her. She won't let me go otherwise.

She will happily exchange herself to save Sophie.

That's how much selfless my little Phoenix is.

"Please...just listen to me. Keep the gun down my little Phoenix. Please don't do this."

I almost plead her and her eyes soften, taking this as an opportunity. I take the gun from her hands and throw it aside.

Pulling her to me.

She thrashes crying hysterically. Tears streaming down her eyes, to only have me hold her in my embrace.

Hugging her tightly, to finally feel at ease.
She is fine...thank God she is fine.

Her thrashing still after few minutes as she stays still in my arms.

"Shhh calm down love. You are fine. Everything is fine."

I whisper lowly in her ear, running my fingers on her silky locks, calming them.

When I hear her speak next, my body going stiff.

"She is alive . Isn't she?"

No ..how...how can she know? No one knows about it...then how come.

I pull back from her, looking at her in shock. To see her smile sadly. Sitting down on the sofa.

"Who...who are you talking about?"

"Stop if Ethan. I know.
Sophia is alive and he is asking me in exchange for her. Right?"

"But Vivian...how did you-"

She shows me her hand , stopping me.

"How is not important right now Ethan. The question of what is to be asked first."

Fuck! This is bad...now that she knows. I already know where this is going to go.

"I am going with you tonight. And that's final. Let James think he is winning, to only have us wait for the perfect timing and play the masterstroke."

I don't know what to say anymore. Looking at her hopeful eyes,I just sigh. Getting up .

"Let's discuss with dad first."

.
.
.
.
"Vivian my daughter. The plan is great. But the risk is high. We can't leave you alone with him."

"I can manage Dad. I assure you. Plus according to the plan I will be only alone for 10 minutes."

"The backup will enter immediately after it."

Dad was in deep thought, just like me. We discussed earlier only to not envolve Vivian, but she was so stubborn sometimes.