Chapter 46 Trust

He stills, his concerned eyes looking at her in disbelief.

"You remember?"

She nods fervently.

"I....I went underwater and I got a vision...you have to believe me Ethan I swear I-"

"Shhh"

He says, placing her cheek on his chest and hugging her tightly. His arms wrapped around her as she goes silent.

"I believe you Vivian. I believe you."

She couldn't hold it, sobs break through her lips as she holds onto his shirt tightly. Crying.

"I..was so scared Ethan....Soph...she layed her life to save me."

"She died saving me Ethan...just because I couldn't swim."

"I am so sorry...I am so sorry."

He pulls her closer, letting her get it out. Rubbing her back soothingly while kissing her forehead.

"Shh there is no need to be sorry Vivian. Relax. I am here now. I won't leave you."

Picking her up ,he covers her with a towel. And bring her out of the bathroom to lay her on the bed.Dressing her, he covers her with a comforter.
Sliding in along with her.

Her eyes looking lost with the memory fresh in her mind. And that's when Ethan holds her face in his palms.Making her look at him.

"Look at me Vivian."

She continues to sob, her nose and cheeks red from crying.

"I...she died saving me Ethan....Soph...she saved me... it's all my fault...I shouldn't have left that party....it happened because of me!"

Caressing her cheek with his thumb, he lifts up her face, making her look at him.

"You can't change the past Vivian...no one can. Even I blamed myself for not being there for you two....hell I even hated you first..... blaming all my regrets on you."

"But...Soph....she...."

"It was her choice Vivian. She decided to save you. It's no use living in the past now."

"We both have suffered so much already... it's time to move on."

She sniffles, trying to stop her tears.

"Once this person is caught you will get your freedom back. Focus on your dreams, be successful and independent.'

"Stop living in the past and enjoy your present."

"Okay?"

He asks, lifting up her chin to make her nod at him.
Next she hugs him, placing her ear on his chest.
And cuddling with him tightly.

He looks surprised, to only smile and hug her back.

"I am sorry for everything Ethan....I wish she was here."

Her crying words, making him lean his head back on the headrest of the bed and sigh.

"Me too."

Within few minutes, she falls asleep in his arms and he gently caresses her hair, enjoying the feel of her silky locks on his finger tips.

His mind lost , as he tries to connect the dots.

Listening to Vivian's side of story, he was in affirmation now.
Sophia was alive after that accident, she didn't died that night.

The letter an evidence of it.

Someone else may have written the letter, but he couldn't distinguish Soph's handwriting from anyone. It was her. It has to be.