Chapter 38 Mending hearts

"I wanted to burn myself to fuel the heat of illuminating your life.

Yet, what a fool I was to forget that oxygen is a must for a fire

And I was already dead from the inside ."

- suzangill

......

Vivian steps out of the shower, with a towel wrapped around her wet hair.
Humming the music to her favourite song when suddenly she goes silent.

Her eyes fixed at the figure sitting on her bed, with a book in his hand.

"What are you doing here?"

She asks , suddenly conscious of the robe wrapped around her body.

He looks up from the book at her from above his specs frame, which were balanced on his perfect greek nose.

"Reading Vivian. What kind of stupid question is this?"

"Yes I know. But why are you reading here!"

And he gives her a duh look, looking back into the pages of the book.

She can't share a room with him, especially not after he screamed at her earlier.

She didn't wanted him anywhere near her.

Sleeping in the same room with him? No way!

Picking up his comforter and pulling the pillow from behind him, she throws them.

"Get out from here Ethan. I don't even wish to see your face."

He doesn't mind, flipping the next page of the book.

"Then don't stare."

His replies were frustrating her and that when she has had enough. Pulling the book out of his hands, she points the finger to the door of the room.

"Out Ethan"

He sighs, pulling her comforter on top of him and taking her side of the pillow instead , laying down.

"Goodnight."

Switching off the side lamp, he adjust himself. Closing his eyes and Vivian was beyond pissed now.

How can she share a bed with him?

And how can he be so persistent about it.

"What's the meaning of this Ethan? I said get out!"

.
.
.
No reply
.
.
.
"I swear I will throw you out if you don't go willingly!"
.
.
.
No reply.
.
.
.
With eyes closed and breathing even, he pretends to be asleep. And she sighs , annoyed beyond comprehend .

"Fine. If you are not going to leave. I will leave."

Turning around,she was going to leave when a grip on her wrist stops her.

"Don't"

"No Ethan. I am not sharing a bed with you."

"Fine"

He says, leaving her wrist. Picking up his pillow and comforter. He places them on the sofa, settling on it.

"But -"

"You don't want to share a bed. Fine. Atleast I can sleep on the sofa?"

"Ethan Lockwood, there are 17 empty bedrooms in this estate. Why don't you go and sleep in one of them?"

She says, placing her hands on her waist. Narrowing her eyes at him.

"Because my dear wife. This is not our old house, this is Lockwood Estate. And we don't live alone here. What will you say when mom asks why we are not sleeping together?"