Chapter 41 Let go

"They say may good wins over evil.

I say may the one who loves her more wins.

For somewhere ,in every heart out there, we all harbour evil."

          - suzangill

          .....

The waves were coming, and her grip on his wrists tighten.

"Ethan... please..."

She says trying to break free of his arms. To only have his grip tighten around her waist.

"Let go of your fears Vivian."

"You have to."

He whispers in her ears. And she closes her eyes. Listening to the waves coming closer and closer.

Her heart thumps rapidly and next she knows. The waves crashes on her feet ,to only have her lift her feet in the air, screaming.

"Ehhhhhhh"

"Shhh Shh calm down my little Phoenix. Calm down."

He says almost lifting her from her waist, her back resting on his front.

"Lower your feet. Nothing will happen."

She gulps, lowering her feet slowly. To the water pooled around Ethan's feet.

"Yes slowly. Come on."

Her one foot touches the waters and she hesitated.

"It's fine. It's just water. "

Her nails were clawing his wrists, leaving red marks. But he didn't cared. Too engrossed in driving away his fears.

Her other foot touches the water and she blows out. Sweat beads covering her forehead.

The water retreats and he slowly let's her go.

She stares into the waves going back. Her hands lowering... trying to touch the water.
And she almost gleams feeling the water going back from in between her fingers.

"It.... It's going back...."

She says lowly. And he smiles, standing behind her. Seeing her letting go of her fears.

"It...it feels so good."

She says, moving closer to the waves. She flinches everytime the water hits her feet, but doesn't stop. Going further down to chase the waves when they return.

Running after them, catching them like an excited kid.

Her giggles resonate around and he smiles. Adoring her smile. It's a rare sight...and he wants to capture it.
Circling around in the waters, she deliberately hits her feet on the waves... enjoying the splashes.

Jumping up , relishing the feel of the water splashes touching her legs.

He takes out his phone capturing the moment. His heart thudding in his chest when he stared at the picture perfect.

Indeed she was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

Too excited ,she starts going further in the waves. Lifting up her hands in the air.

"Wo hoooooo!"

"Vivian!"

He announces panicking when he sees a big wave approaching. Her temerity , making her too adventurous.

"Vivian stop! Don't go further!"

She looks back at him smiling. Giving him a confused look.

"What?"